Need Help! ATC on Fadal, Model 904-1, 3016HT.

Thread: ATC on Fadal, Model 904-1, 3016HT.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ATC on Fadal, Model 904-1, 3016HT.

Hello, we have problems with the above mentioned machine. I don't know this machine at all. I did notice some time back, when they had the cover off, top of the tool changer, there is a shaftwith some bellville washers. At the bottom there i a limit switch. I noticed then that that shaft used to move a little when changing tools. Now, it does not move, machine still changes tools but, is erratice and, rough. Also, i notice this machine has 2 either inductive or hall effect sensors.. They don't seem to do anything, sense i can change toos without them. Just get a message on monitor saying the atc could not move to home or to spindle.. What is the purpose of this shaft. I thank you for any help.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATC  on Fadal, Model 904-1, 3016HT.-20170605_085642-jpg   ATC  on Fadal, Model 904-1, 3016HT.-20170605_085749-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ATC on Fadal, Model 904-1, 3016HT.

This alarm usually means that either the carousel didn't move towards or away from the spindle when commanded or the Hall effect switch confirming that motion didn't do its job. The large bellville springs on the center shaft are thre to keep the carousel centered but to allow for some up / down movement when the drawbar unclamps or the tool sticks in the spindle taper and the Z axis moves up. If anything goes drastically wrong with the ATC cycle the roller switch you described on the center shaft will put the machine in e-stop. Hopefully before doing any damage.

Hope this helps.
    Mike

here's the Fadal Maintenance manual for the ATC

http://itscnc.com/images/Automatic_Tool_Changers.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mike 283, i thank you for your reply. This really help me understand a little better how this works. The micro switch is normally closed right? Thanks..

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello rodney247, thanks for the manual. We do not have this.

All the manuals can be downloaded free here

Fadal Manuals | ItsCnc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

God morning, another question on this subject. does the cnc 88hs control have a way to check contact conditions like with a plc? I have a doubt about the Hall effect´s sensors, and don´t know how to check them with a DMM. I received good info. from this site on the atc. Hopefuly i wiil learn some more. Thanks to you all.

To display the switches from the enter next command do a DI enter and then DS enter and it will display the 0 or a 1 when it sees the switch

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply. We are not really familiar with this control. Have an operaror that has experience with the basic operation. and, we have only a couple of copies of manuals. I have been able to download some manuals, thanks to your info. I need to find the part number for the Hall effect sensors for the atc at spindle and home position. Also the limit switch. i checked parts list and. "think" its these, Hall effect ELE-1202, Limi switch ELE-0385. Thanks again for all your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, are these available commercially or from Fadal.? regards.

They are widely used commonly available from many suppliers. Fadal regularly bought things from McMasterCarr readily available example https://www.mcmaster.com/#large-obje...tches/=180dw84 or https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-h...tches/=180dxj1

Downloads
    Uploads

Good morning, i thank you again for all your help on this. A question on the roller limit switch. This switch is open, in fact, even actuating the pluner it stays open. To me, this indicates it is not working, am i wrong on this? Regards.

You are correct, you should see a Open / Close situation

Downloads
    Uploads

Another question on this subject. If the hall effect sensors sense magnetic field, where are the magnets for the home/spindle position? I thank you for your help and, patience.

Hall effect sensor for the spindle is in the orientation assembly above the spindle and the magnet is in the top of the pully. Which is how the machine knows the spindle is orientated for tool change, it is also used to verify the spindle is still spinning and not stalled and also used to calibrate spindle rotation for Rigid tapping if you have that option.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks rodney247 you have given me some good info. Actually, since i started posting on the problem with the ATC. I really am grateful. I was wondering where the magnets for the sensors on the atc when it advances and retracts. The only thing i can imagine, is they are in the bar under the sensors. Thanks and regards.

There is only one magnet and yes it is in the Bar. And remember if you want to see the switches functioning from ENTER NEXT COMMAND type DI enter and then DS enter. It displays the switches and if they are reading or not i think the key X exits the display of the switches