Need Help! 1989 Fadal VMC 40 Model 904-1 Wiring for single phase

Thread: 1989 Fadal VMC 40 Model 904-1 Wiring for single phase

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1989 Fadal VMC 40 Model 904-1 Wiring for single phase

Hello everyone. I just bought a 1989 fadal vmc 40 and put in it my garage, no small feat in of its self. Now I am trying to wire it for single phase, It already has the T-814 single phase transformer in it but currently wired for 208 3 phase. I have 236 single phase in my garage. I have gotten a couple different things from Fadal service places and I am totally confused. The gentleman i bought it from told the previous owner had it in his garage running single phase. When i open the power box up I found a nice set of jumpers laying in the bottom neatly wire tied up. they sort of match what one of the Fadal service places told me. Seeing as I have 236 I am not sure whether to do the jumpers for 230 or 240. And I am assuming I remove all the jumpers currently in place.

Current Jumpers:
    1989 Fadal VMC 40 Model 904-1 Wiring for single phase-20170425_074430-jpg

Jumpers from first owner:
    1989 Fadal VMC 40 Model 904-1 Wiring for single phase-20170430_130200-jpg

Really need to get this machine up and running!

Chad

Similar Threads:

Default Re: 1989 Fadal VMC 40 Model 904-1 Wiring for single phase

This will get you going http://itscnc.com/images/Installation_Procedures.pdf start on page 62-70 tells you how to hook up your transformer Single Phase or Three phase. If your getting 236 read the chart and use the jumpers for 240v to be safe. and if the voltage is lowr power to the spindle change it to the 230v jumper

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, I actually found the right schematic/hook up the T814 in a pocket in the door of the computer cabinet. It showed how to hook it up single phase but I had already bought a rotary phase converter. It is running now, able to do dry cycles but my tool holders are a week late. Also I have to remember how to set my part Zero's. I was working with a beat-up Hurco, I have not touched a Fadal in 2.5 years. Wish I had a Fadal Guy to come out and give me a 1 day refresher...lol.

Set your tool lengths using the UT command.... hopeful the control has been somewhat updated. If not for tools use the set length comand SL,(the tool) when done go to DT command and modify the lengths. for your part homes normally the X and Y either use the UT command or you can use SETX etc. The Z axis offset on fadals is normally the tool length offset. All the Fadal Manuals can be downloaded at ITSCNC.com and parts too. Remember most of the commands can be reviewed on the control with the MU command. Call IndexDesignsCNC.com if you need help we sell rotaries for Fadal machines