Glass Scales with Resolver

Thread: Glass Scales with Resolver

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Glass Scales with Resolver

Howdy,

Does anyone here have experience with glass scales on a Fadal. I have acquired another Fadal, a 1996 4020. The machine ran fin with the scales unplugged. For 'fun' I plugged in the scales and ran through the CS procedure. The machine attempts to zero the scales but I get a "SCALE ERROR" so there's no luck using the scales and obviously the reason why they were disconnected.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Glass Scales with Resolver

Just to update. I have removed the glass scales. They were filthy. And the guru Dave DeCaussian suggests they are not worth having them. Now on to another problem...

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    Just to update. I have removed the glass scales. They were filthy. And the guru Dave DeCaussian suggests they are not worth having them. Now on to another problem...
    WarrenB, How did you remove the glass scale? I'm having an issue with my X axis direction.. can i just unplug something or change some parameter without removing the physical hardware under the table? Thanks!

Last edited by whagkangmakulet; 09-12-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

1991 Fadal 6030HT CNC88 w/ xy scales here. Open loop vs closed loop servos is what you guys are doing. Unplug the scales and set backlash parameters for worn out screws. The machine will the turn the screws "x" number of turns +/- whatever you set in the backlash parameters. In contrast, plug the scales in and set backlash parameters to 0 (zero) for worn screws. The scales read actual position and the screws then compensate in real time.

Last edited by therma1; 09-13-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a reach Out. I am interested in purchasing any of the Glass Scale components. Covers, cables, boards, and glass scales, even if they are not working. I have two 4020s, a 3016, and a 2216 with extended Z and a tr65. One of my 4020s has the glass scales, which I had to replace the x-axis Heidenhain scale, and now it works great. I would like to convert my remaining Fadal's if possible.