Need Help. Spindle crashing tool changer

Thread: Need Help. Spindle crashing tool changer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help. Spindle crashing tool changer

I have a VMC15 with the 21 tool carousel. The machine has been sitting for a couple years and I suspect the battery is dead. A new one is on order. I'm in the process of reviving the machine and ran into a little problem. The spindle isn't rising enough to clear the tools when changing tools! More specifically, when the turret rotates, the tool retention knob is hitting the empty spindle. Luckily I had removed the tool from the spindle before doing a tc,1 or it might have dinged up the inside of the spindle. It's about an inch too low. I've done the CS and the spindle is aligned properly to the witness mark. Entering HO also goes to the witness mark. If I jog the z-axis, It will rise the 4 inches as expected. I can also MDI G90 Z4. with no problem.

I've gone through the SETP and BL setup procedure. All is good near as I can tell. I didn't have the actual parameters saved. I'm just using the values written in the back of the pendant. What could possibly cause the spindle to not rise enough when the turret rotates during a tool change?

I appreciate any insight...