Moving VMC 15

Thread: Moving VMC 15

Default Moving VMC 15

I'm looking at purchasing a VMC 15 as I think it will be a good fit for me. I've got an 8000 lb forklift but my forks are only 36". What size of fork would I need to properly unload this? The machinery salesman suggested I just buy a set of extensions. That seems a little questionable since I'm guessing I should get a set of 72" forks.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moving VMC 15

Fork extensions work just fine in general.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I just moved a 15 and 15xt with 48" forks from the back of the machine ,,, you would need longer ones from the front ... you can just use box tube for extensions ....just double check that they fit in the fork pockets on the fadal and you will want some wood so the machine can not slide back on the forks and crush the back cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by D.D.Machine View Post
    I just moved a 15 and 15xt with 48" forks from the back of the machine ,,, you would need longer ones from the front ... you can just use box tube for extensions ....just double check that they fit in the fork pockets on the fadal and you will want some wood so the machine can not slide back on the forks and crush the back cabinet
    The machine I was going to buy fell through, but I'm still looking for a machine and am hoping to find a 15xt for a reasonable price. Can you tell me what size the fork pockets are? That way I can be ready when I find a machine.

Thanks

the lifting pockets/ Steel square tubing inner dimensions are 6.5 x 3.5 also go to Flint Machine and download the manuals and everything else you need for the machine Free downloads https://flintmachine.com/fadal.php

- - - Updated - - -

Also there are a few 15xt on ebay

Thanks for the replies.

What has to be done to a VMC 15 before shipping? Does the counterweight need pinned or what?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

counter weight pinned and head fastened to table via bracket. If your going through a 7' high overhead door, you have so remove z axis motor and unbolt cable track and lay on side.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zekeymonkey View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

What has to be done to a VMC 15 before shipping? Does the counterweight need pinned or what?

Thanks
    Make sure the pins go all the way thru.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk