Need Help! 1994 VMC 20 piston plate removal

Thread: 1994 VMC 20 piston plate removal

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1994 VMC 20 piston plate removal

The problem: Tool sticking in spindle on tool changes, manual or M6

I heard air leaking at the top of the drawbar, so I removed the sheet metal spindle cover. I found air leaking as shown in the picture.
    1994 VMC 20 piston plate removal-2017-02-14-16-40-47-jpg

So now I suspect one of the o-rings in the piston plate assembly. The thing is, I seem to recall that removing the inside plate is not fun. Something about needing to bleed the system after reassembly. And the two counterbores for the screws that attach it to the top are peened so that removing the screws is difficult. It's like a subtle "Danger: Do not enter!" sign. Is this going to be a big pain or do I just go for it?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: 1994 VMC 20 piston plate removal

those holes that are plugged and peened closed are for manufacturing the piston never used again. just take the bolt off the top of the spring and push the piston out. Replace the oring Lube up the oring and press it back in. if you need parts for it go to itscnc.com .

Another big tip is replace the size of the air line 1/4 air line with 3/8 air line and your tools will stick less. Because the drawbar piston will fill much faster. Even better if you could move the Air Valve as close to the piston as possible.