Problem VMC 3016 - Opening Vibration and Axis Limits Switched

Thread: VMC 3016 - Opening Vibration and Axis Limits Switched

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC 3016 - Opening Vibration and Axis Limits Switched

Hello;
    I just bought used Fadal VMC 3016. Mfg Year is 2000.
    After I install the machine lifted the knife switch then pressed the green button on it for 3 second. When the axis controllers opening the machine vibrated then stopped the opening prcedure. On the screen it gives a message "actuate the door switch" I did it. Screen opened Then I entered "CS" command, it said press JOG key to skip emergency stop signal. I did it many times. Every time machine vibrated then stop. after 7-8 time it started work. Then I entered CS command machine started work properly. But every oppening this repeats.

One more problem. Axis limits are switched. X axis limit should be 30 inches but after 16 inches X axis doesnt go beyond. Also Y axis should be 16 inches but it doesnt stop there it goes ant table crashes + side and - side.

Sory my English.

Thanks

Arif Filiz

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VMC 3016 - Opening Vibration and Axis Limits Switched

did you line up the table marks on XYZ before putting in the CS command .

Z should be up to the top mark
    x should be center of travel
    y should be center of travel

after typing CS and the machine finding home on the resolver double check the marks ... your ball screws are about .200 per rev so you need the marks to be closer than that to be at the right home on the resolver.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by D.D.Machine View Post
    did you line up the table marks on XYZ before putting in the CS command .

Z should be up to the top mark
    x should be center of travel
    y should be center of travel

after typing CS and the machine finding home on the resolver double check the marks ... your ball screws are about .200 per rev so you need the marks to be closer than that to be at the right home on the resolver.
    Yes I do this. I think there is something wrong in the control panel.

Your axis cards are in the wrong positions X,Y,Z axis card should be in slots 9,10 and 11 in the card cage... Also make sure all the other cards are pushed in all the way

Also the machine is Shaking xyz first make sure you have the proper Voltage and the Jumpers set correctly on th Transformer..... And also you need the (compensation) Comp. Pot on the Axis Servo amplifiers adjusted... probably too far adjusted counterclockwise... need to turn clockwise a bit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys! I have a similar problem with my vmc4020HT. If I release the emergency and press start immediatly after for the cs initialisation, the machine start shaking as hell. I have to wait like 5 seconds after I released the emergency (the x motor seems to make an initialising sound). Usually if I wait the machine don't start shaking, but this morning I just release the emergency after power up the machine and she shaked like hell directly. I push the emergency and it stopped, I re-release the emergency and it shaked again. I wait like 30min searching info on that problem and I tried again and all was normal. Do you have a hint for me? Is it a good practice to close the machine with the emergency pushed?

I have run Fadals since 1980 and never push the emergency stop switch and power down. The reason people push the Emergency button is because they usually just throw the knife switch and walk to the control while the machine initializes and the machine could run away if there is a voltage issue. So what i do is throw the Knife switch power on and keep my hand on the knife switch and wait 10-15 seconds for the machine to come alive. If there is an issue (say the servos start shaking or a runaway) throw the switch power off. Otherwise you are good to go. I believe it has something to do with the voltage stabilizing and the capacitors filling. During this first few seconds of power on the machine can be a little silly.