operator crashed tool changer and now it's off on z - won't change tools.

Thread: operator crashed tool changer and now it's off on z - won't change tools.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default operator crashed tool changer and now it's off on z - won't change tools.

Hi all, power went out and the machine thought it had T2 in the spindle (even thought it had T3) . Operator didn't notice and went to change tools and machine jammed the tool changer into the spindle as it already had a tool in that pocket. I fixed the tool number issue by using the setto command and moving the tools around but for some reason when i went to run it it will not align correctly when it goes to drop the old tool off on the changer. the tool changer rack is about .25" too low compared to the spindle and it just jams up and times out after a few seconds. I'm assuming that it's the tool changer that got banged out of place not the z axis. Any idea how to readjust it?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: operator crashed tool changer and now it's off on z - won't change tools.

Just a quick follow up. Was gonna delete but figured better to leave it up incase someone else has the same problem. I had cold started the machine after the crash so i didn't think that was the issue but for some reason it didn't cold start right on the Z and was off and I didn't notice. Saw it, re coldstarted it and double checked the alignment mark and it's good to go now.