Need Help! Z AXIS NOT ALIGNED FOR TOOL CHANGE & HELIX TOO SMALL ERROR

Thread: Z AXIS NOT ALIGNED FOR TOOL CHANGE & HELIX TOO SMALL ERROR

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z AXIS NOT ALIGNED FOR TOOL CHANGE & HELIX TOO SMALL ERROR

I AM HAVING 2 PROBLEMS

1) I AM GETTING A "HELIX TOO SMALL ERROR" I AM JUST MILLING A V GROOVE AT ABOUT 9.25" DIAMETER.I HAVE TRIED SLOWING FEED AND ALSO RAISING THE R POINT WHERE IT STARTS TO FEED THE Z TO NO AVAIL.
    HELP!!

2) THE Z AXIS IS NOT AT PROPER HEIGHT.WHEN I GO TO MAKE A TOOL CHANGE THE TOOLCHANGER ACTUALL RUNS INTO PART OF THE SPINDLE. I DID NOT RESET ANYTHING THAT I KNOW OF.JUST DID NORMAL CS AFTER POWERING MACHINE DOWN.

ANY INPUT IS WELCOMED...THANK YOU!!

MY MACHINE IS A FADAL 904-1

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Z AXIS NOT ALIGNED FOR TOOL CHANGE & HELIX TOO SMALL ERROR

I had similiar problem like yours when I left the machine not in home station when turning off. Once I turned it on, did cold start and did not notice that it's not in correct home position. You should always check your home position marks on your X, Y and Z axis. My Z axis was off and made it crash into turret (tool holder). You have to jog axes to their correct positions, do "SETH" (set new home positions), then do a cold start again and check if it's in correct positions now.
    I did that and everything went just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z AXIS NOT ALIGNED FOR TOOL CHANGE & HELIX TOO SMALL ERROR

Send me the Gcode for the helix. I will try running on my fadals.

See if the markers came loose. Then just do a really accurate home before the CS command and it may have just lost position. If no luck
    See Karlis for the new home Z height. If that not then I'll send you the link for homing compensation.