Jerky move all axis during cold start

Thread: Jerky move all axis during cold start

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jerky move all axis during cold start

Fadal 4020 been siting a month and now jerks on all axis during cold start, now I get c ax,is fault. HELP

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Danielboone View Post
    Fadal 4020 been siting a month and now jerks on all axis during cold start, now I get c ax,is fault. HELP
    Also this is a 92 DC machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jerky move all axis during cold start

Quote Originally Posted by Danielboone View Post
    Also this is a 92 DC machine
    c axis fault may not have to do with the jerking. check your transformer taps make sure the voltages are balanced.

axis always jerk on CS.

if you want less jerk that you need to park your CS position closer to the CS index mark on the resolver (has not much to do with the metal scribe mark on the way covers).

CS is because fadal has no physical limit switches. if you CS in the wrong place you can crash your machine because the software limits will be wrong.

if you CS when far away from the index mark on the resolver (please look up what is a resolver..) then the machine will move farther to get to the mark and will jerk 'more'.

maybe its time to replace your resolvers.. it happens i have two machines about as old as yours, i have replaced all of the resolvers on both.

the key to fadal maintenance is to drop the whole 'it won't happen to me' attitude because all of it is happening to you right now as we wait around. its super well documented stuff and well known. you will have all the maint. problems everyone else has.

RTFM

and best of luck!