Fadal communication problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fadal communication problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal communication problem

Hi everybody. The issue is: after a one week of being not use, the machine (Fadal 88HS control) lost the program from the internal memory. sending the program to this machine and another one (the same control) constantly failed. If manually programmed, machines work good. Backlash parameters are ok.
    Will appreciate with any sort of advise.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal communication problem

Sounds like you need to zero out memory and SETP, BL (Backlash)...

If I let my machine sit for more than a week without power, I almost always have to go through this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. I zeroed out memory but not the BL parameters. Could you be more specific on this procedure, please.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You dont need to zero the BL parameters, but if you zero the memory it will wipe out the current BL parameters. You need to re-enter the BL parameters back into the machine. Before you enter the BL parameters, you should go through the SETP process. Make sure you set the communication baud rate the same as it was (or the same as the device that you are trying to communicate with). If the baud rate doesn't match you will never communicate.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You mean after zeroing memory BL parameters automatically change to 0 (zero)? As I remember now they are something like that: 4,3,3. And this is after the memory has been reset, so I don't know if that numbers are what suppose to be. Tomorrow I'll try to go thru again. If you don' mind let me contact you. What else I've been done - the cable and rs232 port mirror test with a Plug. One machine is OK (sending back the bits have been sent), but still no communication. And the other machine is not OK on this test.
    Best regards
    Edward.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, if you zeroize your memory correctly, it will clear your BL numbers as well.

Follow this step by step:

https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/Z..._Procedure.pdf

and if you need to reset your backlash follow this:

https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/B..._Procedure.pdf

Use the program as instructed, it will give you true numbers.

DO NOT ZEROIZE UNTIL YOU RECORD YOUR PARAMETERS!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by schuter View Post
    Yes, if you zeroize your memory correctly, it will clear your BL numbers as well.

Follow this step by step:

https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/Z..._Procedure.pdf

and if you need to reset your backlash follow this:

https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/B..._Procedure.pdf

Use the program as instructed, it will give you true numbers.

DO NOT ZEROIZE UNTIL YOU RECORD YOUR PARAMETERS!!!!
    Just went thru with both machines and no luck. The thing is: there are a red lights on the boards in the back cabinet... I'm waiting for the technician, but still trying to fix it by myself. Thanks a lot for your posts and if you have any other ideas, let me know.

Regards.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like the battery on your CPU is done. There is a capacitor on the CPU that is good for 2 days of shut off. Then the battery takes over. If after a week it loses memory or it is corrupted then the battery needs to be replaced. You should have a copy of your SETP in the door of the card cab on the side. If you do not have it you should get one in there because we tech's go there to look.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arc8d-drmn View Post
    Sounds like the battery on your CPU is done. There is a capacitor on the CPU that is good for 2 days of shut off. Then the battery takes over. If after a week it loses memory or it is corrupted then the battery needs to be replaced. You should have a copy of your SETP in the door of the card cab on the side. If you do not have it you should get one in there because we tech's go there to look.
    Thanks. The SETP are there. What should I do next?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arc8d-drmn View Post
    Does the battery effect on communication? The thing is - there is still no communication with the PC on both machines. And that happened to both machines at the same time during the week machines were off.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried downloading a different communications software on the PC? I had a software stop working for me so i switched to nclink, its free.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by imed View Post
    Does the battery effect on communication? The thing is - there is still no communication with the PC on both machines. And that happened to both machines at the same time during the week machines were off.

This points to the PC, not the machines. The chances that something went wrong with both machines, at the same time, is doubtful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jbranting View Post
    Have you tried downloading a different communications software on the PC? I had a software stop working for me so i switched to nclink, its free.
    Yes I tried one but not the one you mentioned, and it's not working. Next week will try Nclink right in the morning. What else I've been done - hooked up another pc, installed Gibbs (sending/receiving part of it) but had no chance to give the try.
    Thanks a lot.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by schuter View Post
    This points to the PC, not the machines. The chances that something went wrong with both machines, at the same time, is doubtful.
    That is my thinking too. Now I'm trying to figure out what's wrong on the PC side.if you have any ideas, please...

Downloads
    Uploads

How does it connect? Serial or USB to serial adapter? you could also check the device manager to make sure its working correctly if its serial. see if there is a driver update or an error in the device manager. make sure the port is assigned correctly in the communications software, just throwing stuff to check out there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How does it connect? Serial or USB to serial adapter? you could also check the device manager to make sure its working correctly if its serial. see if there is a driver update or an error in the device manager. make sure the port is assigned correctly in the communications software, just throwing stuff to check out there.
    Serial to serial (DB9 to DB25 pins). All settings are fine and corresponding on both sides. I tried another PC with two different Communication programs - GibbsCam and free NCLINK, but still nothing. That's a mystery...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloaded my original program and NcLink into another PC - neither one works.

Downloads
    Uploads

do you have a spare cable?

did you check the rs-232 with the Fadal test plug.... usually laying inside the Large cabinet. possible with the spare fuses? if the machine checks out then its the your cable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    did you check the rs-232 with the Fadal test plug.... usually laying inside the Large cabinet. possible with the spare fuses? if the machine checks out then its the your cable.
    That's the first I did.
    It might be the bad Communication card, so I'm waiting for the new ones, will see what
    happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast