Foundation for a 4020

Thread: Foundation for a 4020

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Foundation for a 4020

Got a 4020HT with extended Z axis that I had to raise the roof to allow it to fit in the shop. Putting it on a 4 in slab, which I already know, might not be the best idea. Was considering a steel plate under the VMC when installed as a little insurance. Initially planning on 1/2 inch, but will probably go 5/8. Slab is not perfectly level, but in good shape. Manual says leveling pads are 52.5" by 28" so was thinking a 3x5 (60" x 36") plate would be appropriate, unless I am missing something. Was thinking about some rustoleum from the can on the underside and some epoxy to stick it to the floor prior to placing the machine. I know steel plate over concrete is not ideal, but was not sure of any other solutions. So, my questions would be 1) is a steel plate under the VMC a good idea? any better ideas? 2) if steel plate 1/2 in or 5/8? 3) any ideas on the treatment of the plate before placing it on the concrete (paint, epoxy bonding etc). Thanks in advance.