VMC 4020....STOP BEFORE FINISH THE JOB

Thread: VMC 4020....STOP BEFORE FINISH THE JOB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC 4020....STOP BEFORE FINISH THE JOB

MY VMC 4020..stops before finish the program....the red led of oil pressure is on,but dont need oil
    i reset the red sw on the control board and still working..but after that stops again,somebody knew somting

Similar Threads:

Default Re: VMC 4020....STOP BEFORE FINISH THE JOB

Is it saying waylube is low on the screen? If it's an older machine you have waylube pump and spindle mist oil luber. Waylube will stop machine before it's empty.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    Is it saying waylube is low on the screen? If it's an older machine you have waylube pump and spindle mist oil luber. Waylube will stop machine before it's empty.
    NO....... the screem show me a axis fault,,,i watch the red led on the control valves board,i reset and work again...but i losse all mi job

Does it the machine go into axis fault at the same place during the program? if in Enter Next Command type SU <enter> it will process program should end at bottom of screen X Y Z

when you say you reset. Are you saying that you do that by pressing the JOG button to reset? Or are you turning the machine off and doing a CS?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no,i go back the machine and push the red switch on the valve control card,(a 4x10 inches,that control the air,oil pressure etc)have a led for each action)
    the OL red led,comes when the machine stops,i reset it and work again as i told you,but i loose all mi job...

Downloads
    Uploads

Double check all the connectors. It sounds to me like something is just loose. Mine did the exact same thing and there was just a loose cable to the axis control board.

Do you HAVE an A axis?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by warrenb View Post
    Double check all the connectors. It sounds to me like something is just loose. Mine did the exact same thing and there was just a loose cable to the axis control board.

Do you HAVE an A axis?

no,but i check all,and look like the oil valve is not working good,becouse i put a jumper and work(is just a switch) but i dont know why stops in the middle of the job

Downloads
    Uploads

The oil valve is on a timer. It will turn on every 10 minutes or so.

Can you send the g code?
    Have you ran the part before?
    What year is this Machine?
    Which axis fault? X, Y, A (4th axis) or Z ?
    Can you run other parts?
    Do you have to hold the jog button to turn the power back on and move the table when the part stops?
    Do you have the space to actually cut the part? Is the tool path coming off the table and running in to the limits of the table?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by leorme View Post
    MY VMC 4020..stops before finish the program....the red led of oil pressure is on,but dont need oil
    i reset the red sw on the control board and still working..but after that stops again,somebody knew somting
    Do you have a air/oil spindle? I think you might be confusing spindle oil with way lube...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no,the way lube is one thing and the spindle use a cooler to discipate the heat and a fan too,but the fail is not in the spindle
    the machine stops in any axis (when the fail comes)can be x,y,or z.....the spindle have a pump to refrigerate,but i change too

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

1)yes,2)yes,3)1997,(mod 906-1),4)can be any,depends in wich the machine are working at the moment.5)yes
    6)no the jog dont work when the machine stop(i have to reset the sw-red to work)and then move the table,but loose mi ceros
    7)yes,and run freely

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no dont have,just x,y,z...i know,when the A axis install,i have to put a connector and a board,and a valve too on the rear of the machine
    i was making in other machines,as you see i am almost an expert on machines but i dont know this fail..thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

1)yes,2)yes,3)1997,(mod 906-1),4)can be any,depends in wich the machine are working at the moment.5)yes
    6)no the jog dont work when the machine stop(i have to reset the sw-red to work)and then move the table,but loose mi ceros
    7)yes,and run freely
    This is a tough problem. I have a 1997 as well but never had a problem.

If it is resetting on any axis I am lost. All I can suggest right now is to gain axis to the ball screws and see if there is a mechanical issue with any of the bearings. I still also have a feeling there may just be some loose wires.

You have me stumped. I suggest an email to Independent Technology Service They have helped me many times and will have the spare parts you need.

Buena Suerte.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thankyou for all,when you need some tips,maybe i can helpyou....see you body

Downloads
    Uploads

thankyou for all,when you need some tips,maybe i can helpyou....see you body

Encontraste la falla?