Memory issue - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great Scott. My change over to the -5 worked fine, I have 4mb of memory now, just ran a program today to make my daughter a sai (weapon for her martial arts stuff) out of a 7X20 chunk of 6061-T6, 60k lines of code, about 1.4megs, uploaded from my cd drive. 60ipm with a 1/2 carbide ball mill 0.05 doc. 6krpm. took about 3 hrs. Now I know that isn't high speed but works fine for my need, and boy is it fun to watch.

I'm designing in solidworks and my CAM is Onecnc.

You ever get that new machine of yurs working with the palet changer?

Downloads
    Uploads

Nervis1,

Yes we sure did!
    Awsome! Would you believe F500. (Five Hundred Inches) per minute?
    .500 3 flute carbide end mill at S12,000 ramping into pockets Z-.130 during roughing.
    It's a good thing the doors have bullet proof lexan or you would have chips flying accross the room!
    F500 for roughing, we use a F230 for finishing the floors at Z-.150, and the walls of these pockets in order to leave a better surface finish. Even at these high feed rates we are still able to make more accurate parts than we did with the old control.

You gotta see this thing to belive it!
    World class motion control on a low cost VMC...
    By "world class" I mean: smooth, accurate acceleration and deceleration depending on part geometry...

Sincerely,

Scott_bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scott when you get a free min, could you video that thing at 500ipm for a min or two. I'd LOVE to see that. I saw your other vid you posted a while back. Must have watched it a dozen times. Too cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12