Help with VH65 rotary

Thread: Help with VH65 rotary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with VH65 rotary

Good afternoon,
    We got 2 VH65 rotary units with our VMC4020 we purchased a few months back. I got to trying them out this morning, without much success. I got the set up page changed to recognize the rotary. When I tried to Cold Start the machine kept erroring out .

The screen had this message:
    A-axis fault as follows:
    Error #18
    Position Limit

It also had this statement on the screen:
    Amplifier Fault on Axis-A.

Looking for help with this. Do I not have the proper boards for the rotary? Is there something wrong with the rotary? Maybe a bad cable?

Both units give the same alarms.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I checked the sales sheet for the machine and it lists a "4th axis pre-wire only". Does this mean that the boards need to be modified?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by captainDL View Post
    Good afternoon,
    We got 2 VH65 rotary units with our VMC4020 we purchased a few months back. I got to trying them out this morning, without much success. I got the set up page changed to recognize the rotary. When I tried to Cold Start the machine kept erroring out .

The screen had this message:
    A-axis fault as follows:
    Error #18
    Position Limit

It also had this statement on the screen:
    Amplifier Fault on Axis-A.

Looking for help with this. Do I not have the proper boards for the rotary? Is there something wrong with the rotary? Maybe a bad cable?

Both units give the same alarms.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with VH65 rotary

Do you even have a 4th axis drive or axis controller card installed? Go to your manual and take a look in the control cabinet. You may need a few more thousand dollars

We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts :) If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pre-wire only means you need a controller card yet, however why would it come with the VH units if it can't use them? Check the panel

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Downloads
    Uploads

Pre-wire means you need axis amp, axis controller card (and if your using the air brake you will need the air selenoid box assembly that goes on the top of the machine and an A or AB axis inhibitor card)

We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts :) If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got back to trying the rotary this afternoon. I do have an axis controller card but no action out of the rotary. I now get a different alarm with each rotary. One is Error #1 and the other is Error 26. Both also give a motor overload alarm. Upon power up, I also get an Amplifier Fault on A-Axis. Any ideas on what's going on would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same rotary on a VMC15 and it works fine. Did you change the parameter to recognize the 4th axis when you plugged it in?
    Also they may have the brake on, give it an M61 in MDI to release it. Also, they may be just locked up with rust.....