No Way Lube - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Way Lube

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Way Lube

Sorry you are having such difficulties with the pump.
    BTW I am Fadal.
    Makes no sense, the pumps a no brainer.
    I'm wondering if your piston is stuck.
    I'm sorry to ask but just to be clear, with the machine in the off condition, both waylube lines out of the Y fitting,you depress the white button in the center of the solenoid, no waylube at all comes out of the Y fitting ?
    One more thing, the filter strainer mounted on the pump, is it full of waylube ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im sorry, Fadalcnc is who I have been in contact with. Not Fadal factory.
    If there is no lines connected to the Y that comes out of the filter unit, it pushes fluid out just fine. If I put a jumper between the two, it pushes all the fluid back into the reservoir and will build enough pressure to just shake the needle.
    And the filter is full of way lube.
    When I first realized this whole problem, I felt the same way. These things are a no-brainer. But its got the better of me thats forsure.
    And please dont apologize for asking what may seem to be a silly question, like I said before this is the most help Ive been able to get.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just got done battling this exact same problem. For me, the way lube pump was bad. It was not producing enough pressure and therefore only working when the lines were disconnected. You can take the main 5/32 line out of the lube pump, clamp it off so there is no flow, and cycle your pump. If the gage doesn't move, then the pump piston is worn out and you are just getting fluid to leak past the seals.
    Bijur sells rebuild kits for their pumps and you should be able to rebuild that pump, or like I did, just drop the $850 and buy a brand new pump, put it on and you are back in production.

The PDI metering valves like to see 300 psi to function right and your pump should be putting out about 350 psi. If you are not getting pressure, the pump is bad. I replaced my pump unit and it is getting great lube now.

Downloads
    Uploads

I’ve got a question concerning way lube myself. On my 3016L I am able to depress the button several times and hear the pump inside while watching the gauge go up to 300psi. After it sits a minute or two the gauge drops back to zero. On our 4020 I cannot hear that same pump clicking the majority of time it just hissed air. I was able to get that to 100psi by playing with random depresses and then it stopped and held 20 seconds and dropped to 10psi, then zero. Seems to me both pumps are not working quite right and I’m not sure what to do. The fluid levels are not dropping like my other equipment. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Need to add I verified the 3016 is fine and working. Appears that the 4020 pump is on its way out (pun intended). Has anyone used a different brand pump with adjustable pots rather than rely on the main board to trigger a psi pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Booradly View Post
    I have a 3016 that quit taking way lube. The first thing done was to replace the metering units, but that didn't do the trick. I then replaced the seal and oring in the cylinder inside the pump unit. No dice. It appears that its pushing it all out the bypass back into the reservoir and will not show any pressure building at all. Would anyone have any suggestions for me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12