The headaches continue - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The headaches continue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OH .....THAT Neal... I've talked to him so many times he probably cringes when he hears the name Dave.

At least I assume it's the same guy, Neal at tech help when I call Fadal?

Damn straight, talk about cool. Fadal has to have about the best customer support, kinda like Onecnc. There is nothing worse than looking around for help and not finding any. The first time I called and spoke to a real person I was so relieved, I wasn't sure if they would support a used machine.

Hey Neal, thanks for helping me get my machine up and running, I think I spent about a half hour or more on the phone over the last few weeks ironing out issues with you.

I got everything up and running, thanks for helping this greenhorn along.

Oh and I swear I can use 0-disk to access the a: / floppy by just setting that penguin program to path a:, 9600 baud, (I think Able told me that?). Works like a charm. I even added a CD R/Rw drive by just running it on an extended IDE cable from the HDD as a slave.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nervis--
    You can use the 0-DISK option to read the PC hard drive when you use the Universal Media Driver not the Memory manager. The only problem is that when the Mideia drive is turned on the RS-422 port is busy and can't be used for anything else.
    That may or may not create an issue for some people.
    Glad you got up an running! It can be confusing at times. I've been doing CNC for some 30 years and still get screwed up on occasion!

Neal

Downloads
    Uploads

Fadals new machine and control got delivered today...
    Interesting, they could not get their control to work with their own pallet changer. So, because they promised us a pallet machine, they had to purchase and integrate a Midaco pallet changer instead.

The guys on the machine shop floor don't like the Midaco. Actually they hate it. (Bad experience on another Fadal)...
    Maybe "comfortable shoe syndrome", you know, that old pair of comfortable shoes get worn the most.

At least the Midaco has a pallet system that clamps the pallets to the table... Fadals are not clamped to the table...

Looking forward to next week,

Scott_bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

this new control doesn't work

Downloads
    Uploads

First did you replace the CPU and hard drive with Fadal's replacement or did you buy your own.

Second. Yes you can install a CD drive on to the 32MP. The cage for the floppy drive is the same size as a CD drive. You will need to split the power cable from the hard drive. I usually but 2 Y cables, that is long enough the reach the CD drive. Depending on the operating system the computer will detect the new harware.

If you replaced the CPU on the 32MP control with something other than Fadal's I beleive there is somthing different with the RS-422 cable going in to the machine. I am currently working on where this issue is. The work around is to run the cable from the serial port in the back of the pendant to the back of the machine and use cncmaind.exe to upload and download your files. This will get you in business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12