Problem Fadal jog key skips

Thread: Fadal jog key skips

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal jog key skips

Hi

Having a issue with Jog key. Not sure if it's a board problem or dirty contacts on keypad, hopefully someone has had some previous experience?

When doing certain functions, like setting tool or fixture offsets, in the middle of picking off the various axis touch offs or more correctly when machine prompts to 'hit jog key' which I press, the machine briefly shows the jog screen then goes to the 'enter next command' or jogs by the tool touch off screen and waits to get next tool.....

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever figure out what the problem is? I am experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Bump - Still trying to figure out this issue. Any help/direction very appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal jog key skips

i swapped out my 1090-3 card for a 1090-3B which has eprom version 5.5. jog button ****ty-ness gone now. best of luck out there.

It is the keyboard i have a VMC15Xt that does that exact thing. I just learned to deal with it dont feel like changing the keyboard. The way i have gotten around it is to poke the Jog key real quick and it will stay in jog and not want to grab the next tool. If you need a keyboard $200 go to ELE-1784P - Calmotion ask for Glenn and tell them what its doing to make sure its the keyboard only

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    It is the keyboard i have a VMC15Xt that does that exact thing. I just learned to deal with it dont feel like changing the keyboard. The way i have gotten around it is to poke the Jog key real quick and it will stay in jog and not want to grab the next tool. If you need a keyboard $200 go to ELE-1784P - Calmotion ask for Glenn and tell them what its doing to make sure its the keyboard only
    fyi its not the keyboard itself thats broken. its a software problem. i didn't used to have this issue before I went from sys 96 to sys 101 cpu software.

so u need a new 1090 - or like you say, just live with it.

I have to also mention that I have had axis' run away when spinning the jog wheel fast. I spun the sh*t outta my jog wheel last night to test it out and this new 1090 didn't run away.

seems like a nice fix.