Converting to Single Phase 4020 fadal

Thread: Converting to Single Phase 4020 fadal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Converting to Single Phase 4020 fadal

I Have a 1985 fadal.. Got info from Fadal on converting to single phase.. Attached is the info I got from Fadal. I set up the transformer the same as Image #5.. After doing so and firing up the machine I run into the machine not wanting to Cold Start.. The Jog function work.. Keep in mind that I dont have the machine fully back together like sheet metal Spindle Chiller plugged in or coolant hooked up..is there something ..
    Before I get going too far I was hoping someone might have a few words to help me along..

Comments greatly appreciated..

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Converting to Single Phase 4020 fadal-picture-005-jpg   Converting to Single Phase 4020 fadal-picture-007-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Soory about the spelling.. I meant Jog Function not working!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

There are a few things that are not very clear, like 80vac secondary of the transformer indicating one lead to #1 amp and other lead to #2 amp?
    If the jog function is not working it may be the amp power supply not wired correctly?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Might anybody have a wiring diagram that I can reference ..???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im making progress !!!! What I found was that one can never assume that "L1 is L1" and that "L3 is L3" all the way thru the machine.. I had some L2 connection playing me up, even though thet were "Quote" Un hooked!!! Now I have all connections at the Glentek to be proper and the Voltages reading like the cheat sheet from Paul at fadal.. The alarm that I get now is X Y and Z axis fault.. Next task is to try and find the proper way to wire the 11o transformer for the Single phase... Any one have any info that might help???

Downloads
    Uploads

By the look of the transformer T337, it is a single phase transformer, there is a primary connection for 115v between 0VAC & 115VAC.
    For 230 connection the connect 1 to 6 and connect 5 to 9 with the supply to these two connections
    The secondaries show paralleled up , if you have a common DC power supply for all the amps, this is where the secondary should be connected to.
    Measure your DC to the amplifiers.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not quite sure what you mean.. if my out put on leads 13 and 10 is 80VAC to the Axis amp1 and 2, I would assume that the Glentek is wired correctly.. If I still have no Jog , then wouldnt this lead me to components that need 115 power??/ Thats why I am thinking taht it something to do with the Acme Transformer..