Vmc 15 : tool change problem in program run only

Thread: Vmc 15 : tool change problem in program run only

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vmc 15 : tool change problem in program run only

I have a fadal Vmc-15. , format 2. When I run a program , on the first tool change after cutting, the z raises up to clear tool in turret and I get a emergency stop error during process. It acts like it is out of z axis travel. What is confusing is I can change tools in mdi mode with no problem. I just put a new z axis amplifier board in prior to this happening. Never had this happen before. Program has run hundreds of parts previously. I cleared out fixture offsets as they are not used. Not sure if I'm missing a parameter setting or something.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vmc 15 : tool change problem in program run only

What was the fix to this issue. This same issue came up today for me on our VMC15. Z-axis Amp board was replaced.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the tool change limit switches. Did you calibrate the driver? Fadal should be able to give you a calibration procedure. Another thing is the "survey" command may be needed to adjust the tool change Z height. Procedure is at the link.

Fadal Survey Menu - CNC Manual

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Problem solved. Thanks for the reply warrenb. I searching other forums there has been the same issue stated with no response on the fix.

The problem I had was the same as the original post and had replaced the lithium backup battery and the Z axis amp board (ITS) and would not finish a tool change. Went through the SETP pages and made sure they were the same as what was on the parameters on the inside of the pendant. It all was correct. But there is one setting in the SETP pages for OVERLOAD. It has a selection of 1-8 (normal selection is 2) and this machine was set at 1. I changed it to 2 and the tool changer works fine. Not sure why it was set to one and why there is that selection was not recorded on the pendant door hard copy of the parameters. Hope this helps out the next guy that switches out a board and has the same issue.