Rotary Indexer Help

Thread: Rotary Indexer Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Rotary Indexer Help

We were cleaning out a storage area and I came across this. What would it take to get it running? All of our Fadals are prewired for 4th Axis, but there are no controller's installed. The Servo is a Baldor but the tag is completely worn off. I really have no idea what I have here. I am thinking this is just an indexer and not a true or full 4th axis?

Thanks for any advice!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default rotary

That is not a fadal rotary.I think it is a homemade job.it may work if you build a custom harness get a amp and control card,and have someone who knows what they are doing install and build the harness. It is far from a plug and play unit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I knew it was custom made, just didn't know if it was worth any kind of effort. After talking with someone, he said it was worth scrap weight at best unless I put a handle on it and even then. I guess that's why it was buried in a storage room.

O well. Maybe some day I will put a handle on it for our manual side.

Thanks for reading.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your machine is prewired, just get a Glentek motor, adapt the mounting plate and coupler ( I assume that motor has 1/2 shaft.