VMC6030 not running full range

Thread: VMC6030 not running full range

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC6030 not running full range

I have a Fadal VMC6030 with 88hs control.
    When I powered up the machine this morning it will only come 4.000 to and then stop but will over travel in the negetive.

I did the Cold start, powered down and back up sevral time.

This problem has happend before but a power down and back up solves the problem every other time.

THank you
    Kyle

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

50% rapid travel; Does show any error on the screen?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Did you Jog to cold start position?

Lucky,

The fadal will do that if you cold start from any other position than from the cold start position. Jog all of your axis to the cold start position (lines on the axis line up) then give it the cold start command.

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by denmar View Post
    50% rapid travel; Does show any error on the screen?
    None when i put it in jog and handle it to the positive it will only move 4.000 then stops it it should move to 15.000 if I power it down and back up a few time it will work but I shouldn't have too. if I move it negitive it will will alarm out with an over travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPROG1 View Post
    Lucky,

The fadal will do that if you cold start from any other position than from the cold start position. Jog all of your axis to the cold start position (lines on the axis line up) then give it the cold start command.

Hope that helps.
    Every time the machine is powered down it is at the home postion it is as if it powers up in a loction that 11.000 from where it really is. Th cold start dosen't seem to have an effect on it when enter it at the home postion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you talked to a service guy yet? We're in Illinois and our service techs are from Integra in Wisconson. Troy & Eric have a pretty good knowledge of the machine. That's where I'd start. 262-789-1600. Hope it works out for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you talked to a service guy yet? We're in Illinois and our service techs are from Integra in Wisconson. Troy & Eric have a pretty good knowledge of the machine. That's where I'd start. 262-789-1600. Hope it works out for you.
    That may have to be done, I just hate to bother them they are always so busy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you veified the Travel parameter in SETP? Make sure it match your size of machine.

Neal

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Have you veified the Travel parameter in SETP? Make sure it match your size of machine.

Neal
    yeap I also tryed changing it to a 80x30x30

I got it up and running now by powering down and back up about thirty time this morning.

I was reading a quick refrance card for the machine today and found the comand "SETCS" would this help or not?

on power up we use comand "CS" not sure if this is right or not.

Downloads
    Uploads

SETCS will tell you if your cold start position is correct. SETCS followed by the HO command will move the machine to the cold start position. If you type in SETCS then HO and your machine doesn't move to the cold start position, your cold start position is off and you need to correct it. CS on start up is the right way to start it up. Again, you are manually jogging the axis' till the lines line up before entering the CS command right?

Downloads
    Uploads

SETCS will tell you if your cold start position is correct. SETCS followed by the HO command will move the machine to the cold start position. If you type in SETCS then HO and your machine doesn't move to the cold start position, your cold start position is off and you need to correct it. CS on start up is the right way to start it up. Again, you are manually jogging the axis' till the lines line up before entering the CS command right?
    We never have to jog to line hash marks up as before we shut it down for the night type in HO so we know that it starts up in the same spot every day.

I guess I really don't understand what the SETCS is for then?

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr. Get Lucky,

We're going to make you think you got lucky today anyway!! :-)

Do as NCPROG1 suggests. In troubleshooting, you need a good reference, known good position to start and aligning X & Y axes to the center of their stroke and issuing the CS command will set your machine ready to jog. I hear what you are telling us about powering up and down a few times, and we'll address before we are done troubleshooting. First, we need to get the machine in the center of travel and the Z axis CS marks lined up (Tool change position) for a good CS.

If you are unable to move the machine back completely, but can move a few inches at a time, move the table back as far as you can, cycle power, and move back some more. Repeat until you have the table in the center of travel. Move it by hand if you have to. Just pull back the Y axis telescoping cover and turn the screw by hand...you may feel like Popeye when you are done and you can generally access the X screw by laying on your back on the floor of the machine under the left side of the table, remove the cover and you have access to the screw to turn...or on the other side, you can pull back the way cover and access from the top if the table is at an X+ extreme.

Now, issue the CS command in the center of travel. Can you jog normally and jog the entire length of the expected travel? Is an axis still dead and will not move? Or not move correctly?

From this point, you should give me a call if the machine is still not working properly. We I always have time to help and the solution should be easy from here, but not effecient to pound keys here explaining what next. In the future, always feel free to call us for any technical support, especially if your Fadal service contact is unresponsive. This is exactly why we emerged on the internet in 2001 offering free technical support and parts pricing not jacked up through the roof.

Feel free to call or email anytime and I can easily take you to the source of the problem from here.

bdenny@FadalCNC.com
    208-888-9236

Cheers!

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ASIGuy View Post
    Mr. Get Lucky,

We're going to make you think you got lucky today anyway!! :-)

Do as NCPROG1 suggests. In troubleshooting, you need a good reference, known good position to start and aligning X & Y axes to the center of their stroke and issuing the CS command will set your machine ready to jog. I hear what you are telling us about powering up and down a few times, and we'll address before we are done troubleshooting. First, we need to get the machine in the center of travel and the Z axis CS marks lined up (Tool change position) for a good CS.

If you are unable to move the machine back completely, but can move a few inches at a time, move the table back as far as you can, cycle power, and move back some more. Repeat until you have the table in the center of travel. Move it by hand if you have to. Just pull back the Y axis telescoping cover and turn the screw by hand...you may feel like Popeye when you are done and you can generally access the X screw by laying on your back on the floor of the machine under the left side of the table, remove the cover and you have access to the screw to turn...or on the other side, you can pull back the way cover and access from the top if the table is at an X+ extreme.

Now, issue the CS command in the center of travel. Can you jog normally and jog the entire length of the expected travel? Is an axis still dead and will not move? Or not move correctly?

From this point, you should give me a call if the machine is still not working properly. We I always have time to help and the solution should be easy from here, but not effecient to pound keys here explaining what next. In the future, always feel free to call us for any technical support, especially if your Fadal service contact is unresponsive. This is exactly why we emerged on the internet in 2001 offering free technical support and parts pricing not jacked up through the roof.

Feel free to call or email anytime and I can easily take you to the source of the problem from here.

bdenny@FadalCNC.com
    208-888-9236

Cheers!

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Thank you for replying I have been leaving the machine run but want to gt this fixed when I have a little down I will be sure to give you a call so I get this problem resolved.

Downloads
    Uploads

When you get a little time, call our office and we can walk you through some checks and see if we can nail it for you over the phone.

Thank you,
    Brian D.
    FadalCNC