Problem Uhhg..Saddle wear on 8030

Thread: Uhhg..Saddle wear on 8030

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Uhhg..Saddle wear on 8030

We have a 8030 that needs to be scraped. Its not that we noticed the wear in our parts but after removing the way covers we found the saddle on X and Y had some nice deeper wear to it. We also found the straps had about .0005" difference from table end to end. Anyone had this doen and what did you have into it? No huge gouges just fine wear points and you can definately tell its there visually and with your fingernail.

Similar Threads:
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts :) If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you talking about X or Y ways? If you're talking about Y, mic you ways at both ends and in the middle. If you have more than .0015 or .0020 inch on Y way it will be hard to repair without sending it in to a rebuilder. The y ways don't come off. I have replaced the saddle with repaired factory saddles and once I had a customer send a saddle to a company called Danaher in Tulsa, OK He has had good luck with his repair.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am thinking its more the top of the ways than anything. So the top of X more than the top of Y. How much did he have into the repair?

We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts :) If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just talked to him he said it was $9500.00 plus he bought a ball screw from fadal another 3600. It was Oklahoma City not Tulsa

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yeah that was with new turcite on x and y bearing surfaces

Downloads
    Uploads

Carbidecraters,

Good info from Cousinitt. If you need it repaired, we can take care of this for you and the repair will consist of not only repairing the wear on the box way itself with new scraping and flaking to get it back within spec, but we also replace the X axis ballscrew with new bearings on both ends. We did a 4020 not long ago and it ran about $6k, so depending on the work that needs done, I think you can reasonable expect the cost to be $10k or less because of the much larger size and more expensive ballscrew. Turnaround is about 2 weeks from the time we get it and you will have a full year warranty.

While we do have people send in full saddles and tables for rebuild, we also can come on site, remove the table and prep for shipment, then return to install with a full laser calibration and ballbar analysis to verify all is good and square. Even if you tear down the table and ship it in, allowing us to re-install and make sure everything is perfect then calibrate your machine on the way out is a very complete process and you will have the piece of mind that all is perfect. Something to think about anyway.

Best of luck!

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by carbidecraters View Post
    We have a 8030 that needs to be scraped. Its not that we noticed the wear in our parts but after removing the way covers we found the saddle on X and Y had some nice deeper wear to it. We also found the straps had about .0005" difference from table end to end. Anyone had this doen and what did you have into it? No huge gouges just fine wear points and you can definately tell its there visually and with your fingernail.
    We can help you with regards to grinding the base and saddle ways, along with the ball screw and bearings you need to get back up and running. If you're thinking about sending out the base to be re-ground, there are several things you might want to consider including downtime and the actual process of grinding. We offer the exact same quality grinding that Fadal did for their remanufactured machines.

You also need to consider the down time and the labor cost of disassembly and re-assembling when you get it back. If you can't live with the downtime, we can help you consider trading in your existing machine for a rebuilt machine. Let us know what we can do to help. Thank you.

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com
    (818) 678-9456

Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Downloads
    Uploads

If you guys want to duke it out a little bit then get back to me on free I will take it.... Just Kidding! I understand the costs we also have a 6030 that may need attention and will be overlooking these costs after the 1st quarter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you guys want to duke it out a little bit then get back to me on free I will take it.... Just Kidding! I understand the costs we also have a 6030 that may need attention and will be overlooking these costs after the 1st quarter.
    How about we pay you and still do it?

We're here if you need us.

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com
    (818) 678-9456

Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Downloads
    Uploads

Funny man. If this was one of our first 10 times or so doing this, I might take you up on the "free" offer, but we've done plenty and don't really need any more practice....but thanks for the offer!!

Also something to think about; if the wear is not bad on the X axis and not grooved, we can either help you over the phone with re-turciting your machine or one of our techs can fly on site and do the job for you. It takes about 3 days total with the epoxy drying and all. Day one: remove table, flip, remove old turcite, clean and glue new back on. Day two: Allow to cure, and deck. Cut oil grooves back into new turcite. Day three: re-install table, level, square machine and laser calibrate X, Y, & Z axis. We then re-tram spindle, set backlashes, tune all amps. Then ballbar and adjust as necessary. It may run into a 4th day, but we won't leave until its spot on.

This may be a less expensive solution if you are looking to cut costs and still get your machine to near factory specs. We'll laser and ballbar out the door to be sure it's perfect....just so you know.

We'll be chugging away as usual when you are ready to make the decision.

....in the mean time, quit screwing around and ship out my boards!! I just got you paid this morning.

Brian D.
    FadalCNC