Need Help! Error number 8

Thread: Error number 8

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Error number 8

Hi, I have a problem with Fadal 4020, the spindle, spin for 1 second and the display shows error number 8,
    Buy the machine used, it is model 98, when turning on the spindle, I hear an air leak.
    Thank you for your help I am new to it

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Sir,

Here is the defination of the error you are getting:

[ 8 ] SPINDLE MAGNET NOT DETECTED OR SPINDLE NOT TURNING
    This error appears during spindle operation if the spindle magnet is not
    detected for any period longer than 3 seconds.

There may be several reasons:

1. Your spindle drive belts are not engaging, this the spindle motor spins and the spindle is not. You will have to remove the head cover to determine.

2. Your spindle drive belt has broken.

3. If you have a pozi high/low system, your idler wheels may not be actuating the rollers into the belt and thus the belt is slipping and the spindle is not turning when the motor is.

4. Your spindle pulley has a small magnet inbedded into the top if it. It must be read on each revolution of the spindle so the machine knows it is turning and you don't crash an end mill into your material dead stopped. Commonly the switch which reads the magnet is either dirty and needs cleaning, needs adjusted properly to the spindle magnet (about .03"), or the switch has came loose from the plug that carries the signal ultimately to the 1040 mill interface board, or the switch is just bad and needs replacing (ELE-2064 in stock at FadalCNC.com). Try running the spindle with a M3.1 S1000 and see what happens. The M3.1 should ignore the switch for troubleshooting only.

Let me know if I can help further.

Brian D.
    FadalCNC
    208-855-9426

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, great answer I'm going to review and comment them.

Downloads
    Uploads

By the way, the air leak is from the incomming air pressurizing the spindle to keep contamination from the spindle nose bearings. Just make sure you have a good water trap and filter before it enters the spindle or you are shortening the life of the spindle greatly by dumping contaminates directly into the top.

Good luck!

Brian D.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Air Leak

We had the same problem on our 3016. The problem turned out to be the air line going to the high-low idler cylinder came loose. This caused the low-range belt to be loose so the spindle did not turn and we received the error. Removed the spindle cover, plugged the line in and all was good.
    Hope it helps.
    James

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Air Leak

Yip, removing the head cover and just watching will tell you much about the problem. Good luck.

Brian D.
    FadalCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I remove the head cover and the belts are perfect, set the swicth at 0.03 (had no nut), clean the connector contacts and problem solved, thank you very much for your responses.
    But I have a doubt, there is an air leak in the spindle nose is normal or I have to change some seals.
    Thanks
    Daniel.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Air leak

Quote Originally Posted by danielmk333 View Post
    I remove the head cover and the belts are perfect, set the swicth at 0.03 (had no nut), clean the connector contacts and problem solved, thank you very much for your responses.
    But I have a doubt, there is an air leak in the spindle nose is normal or I have to change some seals.
    Thanks
    Daniel.
    By the way, the air leak is from the incomming air pressurizing the spindle to keep contamination from the spindle nose bearings. Just make sure you have a good water trap and filter before it enters the spindle or you are shortening the life of the spindle greatly by dumping contaminates directly into the top.

Good luck!

Brian D.