Hey all! I need some advice.

Thread: Hey all! I need some advice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hey all! I need some advice.

I am a newbie to the idea of metal and wood crafting. I want to find a machine that is affordable and will not take up a ton of space. Yet, I would like to be able to use a machine that works well on metal and wooden crafts. Possibly stone and acrylic too? I keep reading about these machines, but the more websites I go to, the more confused I get. I am 100% new to this arena and much of this doesn't make sense. I really just need someone to break it down for me. My intention is to produce crafts for sale. Not large scale, just enough to possibly add to my income, which is low and fixed. Please, someone help. Thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hey all! I need some advice.

The Taig mills we sell work well on metals and, to a lesser extent, wood. A machine meant to cut metal generally can also cut wood; the reverse is not usually true.They aren't large, so one won't take up much space, and they aren't too heavy to move around. If the work envelope is suitable for your projects, it would be a good choice. The price is quite reasonable for a machine made in America, that comes with a guarantee and support. Plus, we offer a discount.

Acrylic is another matter, as is stone. Acrylic has a nasty habit of melting and building up on the cutting tool, which eventually starts to mar the work or break the tool. If you want to cut it, a laser works better than a rotary tool. If you want to make carvings in a transparent plastic, polycarbonate works a lot better.

Cutting stone requires a machine that's protected against the abrasive slurry that the process generates, which will otherwise destroy the screws and sliding parts of your machine. It's also extremely slow in all but the softest stones. If you just want to do lettering or something essentially 2D on the stone surface, you'd be better off masking it off and cutting a stencil, then using abrasive blasting to carve your design.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Forget the stone unless you have big bucks and love a mess. I assume since you don't want to take up room you have to use a single phase machine for the garage. Anything stout enough to cut "metal" like steel will be a heavy machine so you'd need the services of a fork lift. If by crafts you mean wood engraving and make things like birdhouses a 24" x 48" wood router can be had fairly cheap. In a pinch you can cut aluminum. (It just so happens I'm selling a 2 x 4 machine if you're interested depending on where you are.)

Downloads
    Uploads

i cant help u with advice

;(