Laser cutter refuse to engrave/cut random lines

Thread: Laser cutter refuse to engrave/cut random lines

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser cutter refuse to engrave/cut random lines

Hello everyone, I am new in laser cutting world, I am an architect and I recently bought a Chinese laser cutter, 130 w 60*90 from some Unich CNC company. The machine looks good, well build and delivers a decent final product. There is a serious problem I have that I can’t understand what causing it. Sometimes choose to leave back some parts of my drawing, randomly. I am using autocad and exporting to .dxf, the program I use for the machine is LaserCutter6.1. The most of times that this problem comes, is when the drawing takes the full area I can cut. The strange here is that the head of the laser continues to follow the drawings path but did not engrave or cut, just passing above.

Please guys if someone here knows something I will appreciate it, this issue is to annoying!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser cutter refuse to engrave/cut random lines

Is the problem all over or near the edges?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your reply, yes its at the right side of my work space, the most of times! Please follow the link below for an image and video sample i take! thank you.

Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fsul58jbv...Cf9rrxzEa?dl=0

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sounds like mirrors need aligning beam I suspect is off centre and getting lost at extremities, beam moves from centre to edge then off edge so no longer cuts till back into centre.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fast way to tell if it's hitting the 3rd mirror or cone is to feel for heat. The laser head assembly will be hot if the beam is hitting.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the reply, i think is not the alingning of the mirrors, the head is not hot and always cut the hole object and never leave behind an object at half or a part of it

Downloads
    Uploads

If its not the mirror - its something blocking the path of the beam. I once had a wire that was being pushing into the beam at the far end of the Y travel. Same symptoms but with the addition of smoke. These are simple systems in a way. If its not the power supply (which would show up regardless of where) and its not the tube (again it would show up anywhere and you can watch if the tube goes off) and its not the lens (not sure how the lens would ever do that) then its the path of the beam. The mirrors is the #1 thing that it usually is and also one thing that many people swear is OK but may not be. If not the alignment - its the mirrors themselves (scratch) or something physically in between the mirrors.

I would open up the back and observe the tube - just to make sure it is staying lit during those times. If it is, follow the beam.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont think is the mirrors in any way, because if i choose to print a single item in that corner, i can cut it, thats why i am going mad! I am suspecting the drawings or a limitation of the machine, or the machines software. There is any way to clean at all an autocad file? because a lot of my drawings are not made by me but from students. I tried, purge, audit, flatten, polyline, delete all layers, overkill but nothing made a difference!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

just rotate drawing 180 before cutting if it misses same parts of drawing it is the drawings. if it misses same part of bed then its the mirrors, simple.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the reply, i dont think is that, i believe if that was the problem suddenly while the machine cuts it will stop in some point, but what happens is, if the machine cant cut an object and just hovering above it, always leaving it at all untouched, not the half or a part of it and some times pass an object and start cutting the next to it

Downloads
    Uploads

So, if you copy the part of the design that is the problem and move it to centre, it works?

If yes, then I think you are having an issue with the "follow through". The laser wants to have a certain amount, set in the software, of leadup space before a cut so that the cut isn't overly deep (relatively) at the start and end of the cut. At the extreme edges, this could mean it doesn't cut at all, and the hovering could be the homing sensor getting triggered.

Does that sound like the issue?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ_LC View Post
    Thank you for the reply, i dont think is that, i believe if that was the problem suddenly while the machine cuts it will stop in some point, but what happens is, if the machine cant cut an object and just hovering above it, always leaving it at all untouched, not the half or a part of it and some times pass an object and start cutting the next to it
    Rotating drawing proves the case once proven then people know where to look for your solution!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    Rotating drawing proves the case once proven then people know where to look for your solution!
    I agree, we can only help those who help us. Honestly the chances of it being the drawing are not high IMO.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk