Anyone else use EZ-Cam? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else use EZ-Cam?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone else use EZ-Cam?

We have been using EZ_MILL (mid level I do believe). But the newer management has gone to using Edgecam lately. We still have the program EZ_MILL @ level 14. Every now n then we still pull it up on the computer and re-modify some programs that they don't want to switch over. We are located in Hampshire, Illinois

Still works far as I'm concerned !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ez cam everyday for years making parts for NASA all the way down too fruit of the looms clothing. Bigger cam companies cant touch the customer service. I have a tricky problem where the machine isn't quite doing what I want Chris from ez cam remotely logs on my computer makes it happen wham bam were making parts. Big companies not mentioning any names. I'm on hold waiting for call backs getting forgotten about calling them back talking too 10 different people because they probably never seen a cnc machine before telling me they cant help me unless I spend a few more grand too upgrade. Guys that know the industry and really understand what a machinist needs is what you need. I don't care if they don't have a multi million dollar advertising budget I'll be loyal to ez cam. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it

I have been an EZ-Cam user for 33 years. Recently I decided to spruce up our programming with a $3300 "upgrade" to the latest EZ-cam software. What a mistake.
    Nothing but problems. 7 months later and I still could not turn on the lathe software. It was still on demo mode with no solution to turn it on. I tried to send it back but it was refused
    by Chris. The old 14.5 software works great. The 2017 software stinks. I wish the company would go out of business because they are selling a bad product.

Last edited by shuwal; 08-03-2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Language to conform to CNCZone Policy

Downloads
    Uploads

EZ-CAM is committed to their customers and work diligently on the latest release to resolve all issues for those who are within their year of support and maintenance. There are definitive answers for all who find themselves in demonstration mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

Existing customers are awarded a discount when they choose to exchange older EZ-CAM keys as part of their upgrade. In the case of a key exchange, temporary codes, not permanent codes, are issued to avoid any customer downtime while a key is in transit. These temporary codes are adequate enough so that the customer has ample time to return EZ-CAM's property. Support may be delayed, and temporary codes are allowed to expire, when there is a significant lapse in delivery caused by a customer failing to follow through with the proper key exchange. However, in this case, support was never denied and the customer’s concerns were addressed in a timely, professional manner. Replies were also delivered after hours and on weekends as an extended courtesy.

All bug reports will be recorded and recognized by filling out the form on the following Web site: Bug Report – Ezcam Solutions Inc.

New releases offer many new features, as well as containing features one might be accustom to in earlier releases. We appreciate there may be a slight learning curve while new features are being discovered. We have created several, free, training videos online. And to save our customers programming time, we are in the habit to include screen shots or custom videos to make clear on certain topics. EZ-CAM never denied these benefits to the party involved in this case. Every customer has the option to agree, or not to agree, to EZ-CAM's licensing terms and agreement. This option is selected by the customer prior to installing the software. EZ-CAM has not acted outside the boundaries of this agreement; therefore, “no customer has been singled out.”

Last edited by Master_CNC; 07-31-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Default Re: I use EZ-CAM

I have been using it for 33 years. The original computer and program costed $13k and the computer had 8 inch dual floppy disc drives and a color screen. State of the art for then. I loved EZCAM all these years and never a problem.
    It just seems to me that the company didn't have the wherewithal to iron out the bugs with the 2017 version while keeping up with the other companies programming systems. I am currently learning HSMworks and they give away their 2d package for free!! It is so awesome and powerful that they know you will eventually lease the 3d programming which I intend to. Chris did not take care of me and my problems trying to use the version 24. For 8 months the lathe software has been turned off with still no solution. I did the things he said to do but nothing has worked. I haven't made a dime from trying to use the new software. I have only grown frustrated and finally gave up. Chris should just refund my money, but I think they are ready to go under with all the problems they are having.

- - - Updated - - -

Downloads
    Uploads

If a customer wishes to run previous versions, with an upgraded key, they have the opportunity to do so. The key is backward compatible. Simply uninstall the latest revision and install the earlier version. However, the earlier version has to be compatible with the Windows operating system you are running. If a customer's temporary codes expire, due to an extended delay in shipping a replaced key, we will extend the temporary codes in good faith and issue permanent codes once the key is received. An email notification has been issued to this customer and a reply was received back--acknowledging its receipt. If a reader has any concerns it is recommended that they contact EZ-CAM direct.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mr. Reeg & Mr. Lalashius,

Please take this discussion offline [continue it through private messages or, even better, through your personal email accounts].
    CNCZone is a forum to discuss products, technologies as well as exchange information.

It is not an appropriate venue for this exchange.

Thank you for your assistance and attention to this matter.

M. Shuwal

Last edited by shuwal; 08-03-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12