Anyone else use EZ-Cam? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else use EZ-Cam?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Products

EZ-CAM supports Bridgeport Machines. They can post code in both g code and conversational for the EZ-Trak and EZ-Path.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using EZ-CAM since it only came as a $6000 package with a NEC 386-16 computer with a monster 2 meg add-in expansion ram card. (Actually it added to the 640k to make up a total of 2 meg.) The computer had a 40 MEGA byte hard drive and a NEC Multi-Sync Monitor with 640 x 480 resolution. WOW, was that advanced or what? They had just migrated the software from a dedicated workstation to a desktop computer. I took 3 days of instruction at a dealer's "school" in Rochester NY, and came home and started cranking out programs for our B'port CNCs. Previous to that, we had been programming manually. We upgraded as far as version 6 and haven't gone any further than that. 98% of the work I do 20-some years later can be done on EZ-CAM Ver. 6, with the remaining 2% falling to a friend who does freelance on MasterCam. I tried to learn MasterCam, back about version 8, and was able to write simple mill-and-drill programs after a week or so. 3-D programming is out of the question. I don't need it enough to bother to learn all the necessary stuff in MasterCam. EZ-CAM version 6 is rock solid, has a million postprocessors, and a post-processor-customizing utility, feed and speed tables (not that I pay attention to them), and I love it. I doubt I will ever upgrade to a later version of EZ-CAM unless someone gives me a copy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I have used ez-cam for 15 years ....we purchased Mastercam x2 two years ago ...while i am loving Mastercam x2 ...i will never get rid of ezcam for all the reasons everyone has already expressed....with ezcam i have programmed Bp interact 4 and 412 , Monarch metalist , eztrak, ezpath, and Mazak mills and lathes... building post prosessors are much easier in ez-cam
    if you are doing well with Mastercam i would not spend the Money for ezcam ....but if I did not have Mastercam or was having trouble with it Ez cam would be my first choice !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

I use EZcam and have for a looooong time. How long? Well, the version I use only works on an older Mac and I've recently upgraded the computer (an old one also) and had to buy an old "classic OS to use it! Started using it in 1986. Ok...yes I use an other system also for 3 and 4 axis work but and have an upper level CAD system, for most other simple and quick work, I use the old EZcam. Very, Very fast for me.
    I am considering looking a their top end EZcam...It's just that...well... it's not that old!!!
    You think they will let me upgrade???
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking RESOLVED

Forgive me for I have Mastercamed!
    Well my choice fell upon Mastercam out of all of em.It's alot of dough but hopfully the best bang for the buck.
    I shall keep my EZ-Cam express mill turn as I can still use it for my lathe.
    Thank you all for your input
    Classes begin Tuesday
    Claude

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so is it ez mill you guys are talking about?
    I went to the ezcam site and thats all I could find.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Posting to EZ-Trak and Path Bridgeport Machines

EZ-CAM will post to the EZ-Trak and Path machines.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone in the dekalb/Rockford area use ezcam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone else use EZ-Cam?

We have been using EZ_MILL (mid level I do believe). But the newer management has gone to using Edgecam lately. We still have the program EZ_MILL @ level 14. Every now n then we still pull it up on the computer and re-modify some programs that they don't want to switch over. We are located in Hampshire, Illinois

Still works far as I'm concerned !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone else use EZ-Cam?

ez cam everyday for years making parts for NASA all the way down too fruit of the looms clothing. Bigger cam companies cant touch the customer service. I have a tricky problem where the machine isn't quite doing what I want Chris from ez cam remotely logs on my computer makes it happen wham bam were making parts. Big companies not mentioning any names. I'm on hold waiting for call backs getting forgotten about calling them back talking too 10 different people because they probably never seen a cnc machine before telling me they cant help me unless I spend a few more grand too upgrade. Guys that know the industry and really understand what a machinist needs is what you need. I don't care if they don't have a multi million dollar advertising budget I'll be loyal to ez cam. Just my 2 cents take it or leave it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12