Help! I deleted the firmware from my DSP controller - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help! I deleted the firmware from my DSP controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So yeah, what cenicero said above 3 minutes before I was thinking it..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default firmware

i have a copy of a firmware

you could try

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can download from hear

http://rapidshare.com/files/29858982...t.NEWBIN2.html

this worked for me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DSP manufactures

the factory in china download page translated in to english

this my help

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/trans...2fdownload.asp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up ok soo try this

Last year a had the same problem with my dsp ...and i tryed all the thing's you posted here. and the only thing that worked...you need to ask an expert for this .....i have a friend that write bios cip's for pc's and he managed to write the firmwall directly to the main cip from the dsp..by detaching the cip from the motherboard and plug it in a special board for bios cip's....if you have a friend like that the you are saved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DSP

I got a new DSP from the CNC manufacturer in China.
    Landed into the same problem again.

Can anyone save me from this.
    Since it is a software issue...it must get resolved over the internet.

Would be very much obliged if someone can help me out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi bimal,

Can you tell us what happened to you exactly?

You can try to restart the DSP: just press the green button with the power off and switch it on (keep pressing the button until you see the screen turns on).

If that doesn´t work, you can try to update the firmware with the Signtek program.

But if your firmware is deleted or corrupted, I´m afraid you´ll have to send your DSP for repair, unless you have a friend who knows exactly how to reprogram a chip as mecanicu said.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

what happend exactly????
    i had a lot of problems with the dsp just last week i connected the dsp via pc and i started the cnc in the same time...DON'T DO THAT EVER...and i fryed a cip inside...it is a power cip controller...a 3 by 3 mm with 8 legs... and i buyed a new one and replace it.....SOO DON'T DO THAT ....

Maybe you cand download the dsp manual and it will help you..here is the link for the manual http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46637

You need to explain your problem!!!!!

i have my own problem's with a project maybe some one will help me i posted under Excitech routers/ 4th axis on a excitech

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default overwriten wrong Bin file

the screen went blank just after I tried to update program and probably loaded wrong bin file through Signtek program on my PC. Now the DSP doesn't show anything , no buttons function , and I am unable to format it by pressing OK as before.

It seems that only mecanicu's solution may work...by rewriting into the Bios chip.

Can you please provide me the details on the procedure and steps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you need to search for a good electronic guy...with some experiance on pc's and he will know what to do.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I read the posts. I once worked the Dsp company for years. the questions for Cenicero and Andre09 are quite different. Andre09 have to send the controller back to the China for repaire because the controller you have lost its boot program which is saved in the dsp chip; but no neccessary for Cenicero because your controller just lost some files(80% possibility is the english menu file) which saved in Memory chip, those files can be update via the host program(signtek program you called).
    For Cenicero, you need a english version host program and the english menu file and maybe bin files. Normally your cnc router manufacturer should send you english version host program and all file with the controller.
    I can tell the Shannon is very experienced for the dsp controller.
    For RZNC0501, the dsp company had a special version since last year, which has:"CNC ROUTER", this one cannt be updated Logo file, bin files, otherwise it will lead to error.
    yes, for the .dat file is to save all your dsp settings parameter as a file, such as: pulse equivalent, machine size, motor direction, home direction, inputs/outputs properties. If you save it when you got your machine or got the file from your cnc manufacturer, then it will helps in future when the inside parameter changed by mistake or corrupted.
    The dsp can get power from the cnc router or the pc, but it is really dangerous to get from both of them, the inside chip needs only DC3.3v. of course the inside power manage chip converts DC5v to DC3.3V, but the chip gets power from both router and PC, it will destory it sometimes. So be careful!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much for the information king9558!

However I already received a new DSP from my company, but what you said could be useful for other people who have a similar problem in the future.

The new DSP I received is working fine, I just had to change the Z-axis pulse and the Spindle setup. I think I won´t connect the DSP to the PC anymore, it seems to be too risky. From now on I´ll always use a USB disk to pass the files from the PC to the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Cenicero:
    it is nice that your new controller works well. Good luck all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

So if we updated the logo on the version of the DSP that has CNC ROUTER logo and now all we get is a blank screen does that mean it has to be sent back?!
    I tried all the options of holding down OK and Stop & OK but nothing happens.
    Any help would be great
    Thank you
    Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Back to China

Hi Mark, unfortunately the news is not good. I have gone through the same thing, although not because I tried to update the Logo. If the screen is blank when you power up, there is nothing you can do. It needs to be sent back to China for repair. Why they would create software to make it so easy for the user to corrupt the controller is beyond me. I felt like a real tool when I corrupted mine, but given that there is virtually no instruction, and that there are no warnings when you proceed with the program options & most other owners go through the same drama, I conclude that the whole setup is rubbish. The Chinese would do well to spend just a little time upgrading the software to be more user friendly and less susceptible to killing the controller...

Sorry for the bad news...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andre09 View Post
    Hi Mark, unfortunately the news is not good. I have gone through the same thing, although not because I tried to update the Logo. If the screen is blank when you power up, there is nothing you can do. It needs to be sent back to China for repair. Why they would create software to make it so easy for the user to corrupt the controller is beyond me. I felt like a real tool when I corrupted mine, but given that there is virtually no instruction, and that there are no warnings when you proceed with the program options & most other owners go through the same drama, I conclude that the whole setup is rubbish. The Chinese would do well to spend just a little time upgrading the software to be more user friendly and less susceptible to killing the controller...

Sorry for the bad news...
    i explain to mark what happend to the dsp..the 5v cip controller was fried becaus it is dangeros to plug the usb and the 50pin cable in the same time(when the cnc it's on and you plug the usb in the dsp you overcharge the 5v controller). i had this bad experience last year....a electronic friend change the 5v controller cip a very small 8 pin's 3x3mm cip. and now it work's perfect 2$ for the cip:P:P. if you read this thread i posted my WARNING'S about this problem!!!!! post #28

Downloads
    Uploads

Guys thank you all, I have just received the new DSP and will never plug it into my computer again!
    BTW I only had it in the computer not the machine and computer. So I think it was the logo thing that messed it up and would never let it get past that screen.
    The other thing I am thinking of doing is using my smooth stepper with a breakout board to have the option of controlling through mach if things go wrong with this dsp too.
    Thanks for all your help here.
    I'm on my way to try it out now!
    Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DSP Inner Data Re-Format Problem

Related to DSP becoming inoperable - I tried to use a 2GB USB Drive to transfer files and corrupted the DSP inner file memory block so I reformatted as I could not delete the files using the delete file function. Subsequently I can no longer control the spindle speed either through the keypad (Z+. Z-) or through the spd grad setting when I load GCode. The spindle on off settings work so for example if I change the on setting to b1100 the resulting spindle speed is the expected 150 HZ (100 + the last three bits * 50). If I change the off settings to b1110 the off speed is the expected 250 HZ (100 + 3*50).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default dsp host program

plz send me the updated program on those mails

iftadvertisment@yahoo.com
    ashraferiyat@gmail.com

ashraf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear all,
    Im shahid, how can i post my problem in this page?
    I m online on yahoo msng. [email]shahidmt2000@yahoo.com
    Plz help me on yahoo.
    Best regards.
    Shahid

Last edited by Shahidmt; 08-01-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Wrong sentance

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast