Excitech Cnc Router Purchase - Page 5

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Excitech Cnc Router Purchase

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scott, We have recently purchased the new 10.2 megapixel sony alpha digital slr camera. It takes great photos and i will be taking plenty of photos of the machine and i will post them for all to see.

We will be using the computer for programming the different designs that we use. We have already purchased V Carve pro and hope to use it in addition to the Type3 and Wentai, so we will buy a decent computer.
    Grays online auctions quite often sell brand new hewlett packards at very low prices. We picked up two 3.0 GIG computers for only $720 each only a couple of months ago. Check out their site if you ever need one.

As far as machine servicing goes - I will try to find a local tech to help us out. We have some pretty good, technically savvy people who work for us
    and sh-cnc only an Email or phone call away so i think we will be o.k.

I for one would not touch the "new" members machine with a barge pole.
    I doubt that it actually exists.

Jimmy, We fortunately do have 3 phase in our factories and i will contact our electrician and have him fit a " breaker" to suit. Ours is a 3.5KW spindle.

I have told my staff to expect a 3 month learning curve before we gain sufficient experience to rout commercially acceptable panels. I hope to actually do it a whole lot quicker - i am just covering my backside so that i don`t look like a complete ass in front of our workers if it does take 3 months.

As far as the noise goes, is it the spimdle or the vacuum pump that makes all of the noise?

Regards, Rocket

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rocket- you will be routing like a champion within a couple of days tops. Get your son to start drawing your jobs in CAD, save as DXF files and you will be amazed how easy it is to import into type3 and generate G-code. You should be able to have some jobs saved to a USB drive prior to the machine arriving so could be doing your first cuts before the electrician leaves ;-p

The Vac pump is tolerable- most of the noise comes from the the spindle (appears to be the top mounted cooling fan). I havent measured the SPL but it is VERY loud!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Inspirational words.

Those were truly inspiring words Jimmy. You have filled me with confidence.

You have also picked up on the fact that i am hopeless on the computer.
    My son is already coming to terms with the V Carve Pro, and i am lost on the Wentai book - even with the illustrations.

I do not mind a bit about the noise. It might cut down that bloody awful "Doof Doof" noise that the factory boys have on the radio all day. Finally i can get even with them!

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default how about them

photographs

cabnet

carvin too!!

"just be who you say you are"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default with respect and ethics

i have been invited to see the machine in a shop here in the southeastern us

i will go there today and i was given a good review by the owner

he is a well known local cabinetmaker and well respected here

i'll let you know

cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camaster CNC

Hi, I purchased a Camaster CNC for my shop in October 2006. I got a 4' X 8' table and upgraded to a 5hp spindle and a vaccum table. I have been well satisfied with my machine. Last month, Bill came back and installed a second head on my machine so I can now line bore. My friend down the street has a Shopbot in his shop. He was in my shop last week and commented on how heavy duty my machine was. It is a solid machine. Well built by the Chinese and modified to my specific needs by Bill Glenn. Over the past year I have come to know Bill very well. He is a good man who is concerned that you get what you need to do the job in your shop. He is a hard worker and a straight shooter. In my experience, 32 years in the cabinet business, there aren't a lot of those type people left. Especially in this industry! His son Josh is also a good guy. When we added the boring head, Josh modified the code for Win CNC so that my machine would process these operations automatically. He also worked with my software provider, Frank Jiminez of Cabinet Pro CNC, to write a post so my software would communicate properly with Win CNC. Overall, I am extremely pleased with my machine, my software, Bill, Josh, and Frank. We're a team! That's really important to remember because you're going to be working with these people a lot. These are also very patient people. They had to be to get me this far !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think what we are learning here is there are a lot of chinese factories, different names, distributors and specs. These all look similar to me but have some different parts and configurations that this machine seems to have be made. the real question is what is the best way.

Carvin you did get a lemon and I understand that was the xyhd model but they have obviously made quality control improvements because of that model. I would not be able to say that these are good machines unless I could see and feel these machines for myself.

Now a more technical question. I guess when I started looking on this site I was under the impression that servos were better than steppers and anti backlash ball screws where better than rack and pinions.

what are the better ways?

I'm not trying to start a whole new fight here. it seems servo's are the better and It seems on the more expensive cnc's that rack and pinion on xy and ball screw on z verticle seem to be the standard. Is this the general consecus of you all here?

I don't want plastic gears I don't want a screamin motor or I would buy a standard router attachement. it was my understanding spindels were quite quiet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default man o man

i am sorry to say that i have been to see the machine
    and now i 've got to do some work within my business
    however as soon as i can i will sit and post a lot more
    about the machine

somthing to expect
    !!! the machine was extremly well built!!!
    !!! the owner was extremly happy with the provider www.camaster.com
    !!! i saw the machine operate and was so involved i forgot to put the camera card in the camera so i am going back to get some photo's

cabnet
    carvin is the machine still for sale?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi rocket,
    I'd say if you have purchased vcarve, you won't have any need for type 3 or the dreaded wentai software.

I agree with Jimmy, give it a few days and you'll be a pro. Just keep your finger on that stop button when you first start your program and don't put finger clamps in the cutting path

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G`day Scott, Yes i will be sure to stand well away when we start it.

Before we ordered the machine i sent an Email to Vectric asking about suitability of V Carve Pro for this machine. Tony Mac himself replied and answered all of my questions. So we purchased the software and we think it is going to make our work first rate. Vectric also have a forum about the software and so i will join that as well. If i run into any difficulties i am sure that the people on the forum will point me in the right direction.

Rocket

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, i mean "finger clamps" they are the little hold down clamps that will come with it. Yes vectric seem to have a very good product and fantastic support. Good to see

Downloads
    Uploads

Default camaster

photos from camden sc shop for camaster

these came fromthe owner i'll go back and get some broader shots and more closeup
    this machine is what they say it is
    cabnet

they have come back and added a drill for shelf pin holes and plywood caver for dust collection

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-003-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-004-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-005-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-006-jpg  

Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-012-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-013-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-014-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-camaster-017-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I understand that v carve, cut 3d, bobcad, rhino, ect are design and tool path programs.

but what or how does a guy actually send the cut info to the machine?

what program does that? isn't there a preview file that you can see what the machine is doing and them it tells you what tool to put in next then hit button to do the next comand? It I would just see someone do this once I would understand it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice pics cabnet.

Will attempt to get some shots of my machine (exitec) this evening or tomorrow am from same angles.

At the risk of being flamed for a dumb question- how do I post photo's? Are there size limits- that is should I reduce to a particular size before posting?

From what I can see there are substantial similarities between the camwood and exitec, almost like cousins.

How loud is the spindle on that machine? I would think with the water cooling that it would be fairly quiet- I am convinced that it is the top mounted cooling fan on mine that sounds like a jet aeroplane on reverse thrust :-P.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default photos

look at manage attachment below keep photo to 250-500 kb in size
    I think

dude that machine was quiet we were carrying a conversation at three
    feet away with out raising our voices
    cabnet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cabinet, I got a better offer for mine!!

The trade rep in China gave me the name of another company here in the US who is importing the same routers as Cammaster, he's selling them for about $5000 less than camaster and has sold more of them.. He's actually going to take mine and swap it for a new one!!

He said he'll worry about dealing with the factory.. I just have to pay for the crate and shipping!! I'll be crating mine up tomorrow!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Some Pics of my Exitec

Cheers,

Jimmy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-img_4761-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-img_4763-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-img_4764-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-img_4765-jpg  

Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-img_4766-jpg   Excitech Cnc Router Purchase-img_4768-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice pics Jimmy, thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default You Bloody Ripper!!

Sensational photos Jimmy.

If anybody doubts the quality of these machines after looking at the photos -

TELL EM THEY`RE DREAMIN !!!!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by carvinmarvin View Post
    Cabinet, I got a better offer for mine!!

The trade rep in China gave me the name of another company here in the US who is importing the same routers as Cammaster, he's selling them for about $5000 less than camaster and has sold more of them.. He's actually going to take mine and swap it for a new one!!

He said he'll worry about dealing with the factory.. I just have to pay for the crate and shipping!! I'll be crating mine up tomorrow!!
    Hey Carvin, that's great news! I hope your new one is better than the one that you have. Do us all a favour though, and send in the pictures you have (or can take before you crate it), not only to back up the legitimacy of your claim but to ensure that everybody knows what to ask in quality assurance from their suppliers in the future. I'd certainly like to see them before i buy my next one!

Cheers
    Scott

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast