Wabeco F1410HS - What controller?

Thread: Wabeco F1410HS - What controller?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wabeco F1410HS - What controller?

Hi there

About to take the plunge into CNC and trying to get the best machine I can afford and this Wabeco seems to fit the bill. Question now is what controller to get as I am looking to run Mach3 but perhaps I'll wait until Mach4 is ready.

Any advice on which route to follow in terms of controller platform? ... if this gets more serious I'll move onto BobCAD-CAM or some other modeling software but the Mach platform with add-on's and Mill Wizard will get me off the ground quickly.

Any ideas on steppers / controller to specify? I have only seen one advertised on flea bay out of Germany.

Regards Steve

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wabeco F1410HS - What controller?

Hi Steve,

Up to this point MDA Precision has been selling the machines with a 2-6 axis controller for stepper motors (all made in the USA by MDA Precision).
    We maily sell mills (most 5-axis) based on the Wabeco 1410 which is a very precise mill.

We just changed to our own servo system (Made in the USA) which works superb, very smooth and quiet. Here is a video we just made with the servo system:"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrSmEW3I_SI".

M. Menig
    MDA Precision