Esprit 2010

Thread: Esprit 2010

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Esprit 2010

I'm told Esprit 2010 has been shipped to customers on maintenance. Esprit 2010 looks like it has a lot of new functionality and that a good deal of work went into it. I'd like to hear what users of Esprit 2010 have to say about it, as the company I work for will be switching CAM systems next year. Does anyone know when DP Technologies new acquisition Binary Spaces will make its appearance in Esprit? I'm told the plan is to solid cut part verify the actual G code instead of just an internal CAM file like is now done with MachineWorks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2010. It's quite nice. Still a little buggy but works very well. By buggy i mean yhe mold paths won't give any error messages when they find a problem sometimes and create an icon but no path, they say that you're supposed to get error messages when you miss information and you dont and that dreaded "toolpath cannot be created because of unmatched feature or..." is still lurking around... aside from those couple of gripes, so far it seems worlds better than previous versions in the 3D area... their 2.5D stuff was always pretty decent and I love the new open pocket functions they started incorporating in 2008. I'd just like to be able to pick my start and end points on closed chains to do open contours... that would be a nice feature that they don't have yet...

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

In Esprit 2010 can you have multiple files open and switch between them without having to close one file and open another file like you have to do in Esprit 2008?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Couple nice things:

1) If you have 50 operations on a file adn you want to simulate the 34th operation, I used to have to simulate up to that point and then save the simulation state as a solid and then use that as stock. Now I can just pick any operation and sim and ESPRIT automatically shows me the stock for all the prev ops done. Its automatic. For 3D jobs, seeing your rough/semifin/etc done already instantly that's awesome.

2) Knitted surface is cool. I can pick any group of solid faces and bam, a single surface for controlling 3D or 5x toolpath

3) they moved the operation pages into the project manager so when I program something, the op pages don't take up the whole screen like a lot of systems.

4) the op pages are smart. For 3D and wire, ESPRIT fills in a lot of the blanks on the pages for us correctly without me doing anything so its fast and easier.

There's others but I would say those are some big ones for me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thebowman View Post
    In Esprit 2010 can you have multiple files open and switch between them without having to close one file and open another file like you have to do in Esprit 2008?
    Yes, you could in 2008 as well.
    When you open a 2nd instance of ESPRIT , and it tells you it does not support it, click the no option and a 2nd instance will open. You can cut and paste and drag and drop!

I hate deburring.....
    Lets go (insert favorite hobby here)

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ALLtra Mach View Post
    Yes, you could in 2008 as well.
    When you open a 2nd instance of ESPRIT , and it tells you it does not support it, click the no option and a 2nd instance will open. You can cut and paste and drag and drop!

I played around with this for a bit today in Esprit 2008. I was not able to copy and paste anything between 2 instances of Esprit 2008 running at the same time.

What am I doing wrong?

What exactly can be copied and pasted between 2 instances of Esprit?

Features?
    Operations? (I can save Operations off and use the Process Manager to re-apply them. I'm talking about a direct cut and paste here.)
    Geometry?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

E2010 and E2008 work the same as far as multiple instances. (with the warning dialog)

You can copy and paste tools and processes, processes only if the exact tool is in both tool managers.
    So you need to have a part you have already programmed in instance 1, and a new part in instance 2.

1. Create features for instance 2.
    2. Copy tool list from 1 to 2.
    3. Copy process from feature in 1 to feature in 2.
    4. Repeat step 3 until complete.

E2010 feature creation is much improved (easier, more automated) over E2008.

Last edited by Dane Lindon; 01-04-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to open esprit 2010 files with prog. esprit 2009?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    How to open esprit 2010 files with prog. esprit 2009?
    It is impossible.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Esprit 2010

Quote Originally Posted by the thrill View Post
    that dreaded "toolpath cannot be created because of unmatched feature or...
    Any idea why it prompts this error message? I’m trying to make a simple rough cutoff pass (move in on X, move up in Y, move out on X), and I know I’m selecting all the proper line segments to create my chain, but when I try to create a wire path for it (after inputting/verifying all the options) I hit “Ok” and that error message comes up.
    Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ashleigh

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Esprit 2010

ESPRIT isn't backwards compatible, but you could open up the files (dimensions may not line up, any wire paths may not be there) if you save the file as a DXF. Then you can open it with a newer version of ESPRIT. (We went through this early this year/late last year- IT made us upgrade from ESPRIT 2010 to ESPRIT 2014 and it was a nightmare, especially since they only did one of the two computers we use here at work. So depending on who was working on what, you would have to bounce from one computer to the other, and if you didn't save your work as an esprit file AND as a DXF, you wouldn't be able to keep working on it.)