Cutting Left hand threads (galling is occuring when the cap and housing are mated)

Thread: Cutting Left hand threads (galling is occuring when the cap and housing are mated)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cutting Left hand threads (galling is occuring when the cap and housing are mated)

Hello All,

We make pig tracking equipment here. I am the MechanicalDesign Engineer that designs all the pressure vessels for this application. Wehave been forced to go to a right hand thread on one end of our housings and aleft hand thread on the other end. We notice galling on the left hand threadbut not the right. I was wondering what information someone would need totrouble shoot our program. I have the esprit program for the left and rightsides, would you need more than that? I know the like materials on the threadscan cause galling with a large surface area. However we only see the galling onthe Left hand side never the right. Thank you in advance for your assistance.