Need Help! Drawings done in inch but post processer changes to metric

Thread: Drawings done in inch but post processer changes to metric

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Drawings done in inch but post processer changes to metric

Now this isn't my drawing but a student who isn't quite tech savvy by any means. I've gone through the entire drawing with him, it is a simple plastic injection mold of approx 4" miniature pallets. The drawing was completely drawn up in inches, esprit's system unit is inches, but when we run it through post processor it adds a G21 and converts all the measurements to metric. When taken to the HAAS VF2 it reads those as inches so it would rather go 25 inches rather than 1. Currently in school by the way, and our instructor has yet to see this happen. If anyone has any ideas as to what is happening we would be much obliged to hear back. Otherwise we'll try redrawing the entire program, it's quite simple but the big issue to us is WHY this is happening and what to possibly do if it occurs again, especially if it occurs on a difficult project.