Newbie cheapest up to date epoxy granite milling machine (cnc conversion) project? for steel

Thread: cheapest up to date epoxy granite milling machine (cnc conversion) project? for steel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cheapest up to date epoxy granite milling machine (cnc conversion) project? for steel

Hello guys, can you show me a project on how to build a cheap epoxy granite milling machine (structure) that will be converted to cnc with good rigidity to mill steel that is up to date?? also if you can share some files like cad/step files so I can make molds for it or direct me to already existing adequated threads related to this topic. I would be thankfull.

Let's make this a thread of direct information for people who just want to get a epoxy granite mill machine/cnc without going into much details/discussion about it? Also if you have other points that you feel should be on this post, please state them...since I'm just a starter.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cheapest up to date epoxy granite milling machine (cnc conversion) project? for s

well, since nobody seems to have an interest on this thread and doesn't feel like posting, I'll ask the admin to delete it...Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cheapest up to date epoxy granite milling machine (cnc conversion) project? for s

Quote Originally Posted by carbonalloystee View Post
    well, since nobody seems to have an interest on this thread and doesn't feel like posting, I'll ask the admin to delete it...Thanks.
    Wow - You're impatient! 4 days and you haven't had an answer telling you how, what, why, when and where and you have a sulk! Have you done a search on the site - most what you've asked has been discussed previously! Instant response / gratification teaches you nothing - research is everything!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well, i'm not sulking, I did this to help myself and to futurely help other people...(some people don't wanna go through 10000 posts of information, or just want a easily acquired high quality machine without much effort, because they want to use the machine, not learn about it...)

I have researched quite a bit about epoxy granite cnc...and as allways there seems to be several types of problems (not sure if they are people trying to neglect the idea, because I don't have much experience)...like surface finishing and machining (will I have a big problem with this if I cast my epoxy granite structure?), getting the mixture correctly (there are too many mixtures, and all of them seem to need hard to get items or they are very expensive), figuring how to give it a structure and the correct way to do it (has anybody ever seen a guide to do this?), mechanical problems in the design (I guess this can be discussed), also that you should just invest money instead on a used virtual machining center which costs at least 10k, I could never amount to it in a near future...this sounds like it would take months or years of studying mechanical engineering and materials engineering to be able to know...so that's why the forums are here to help...I suppose, I just want to be redirected to a machine that works, and that has a guide to replicate the machine...

I just want to mill steel with precision for cheap and without going too much in depth about it...

any way, either way, this thread seems like it's useless...so hence why I asked to delete it...I don't want it to be spamming the forum section...

Last edited by carbonalloystee; 02-11-2017 at 01:29 PM.

I am working on using Quartz countertop remanates for a milling machine that I think will be highly accurate. Follow if you would like as I build my machine.

Hello carbonalloystee
    I went through at least 10000 links and posts to be able to build my first CNC machine maybe because i did not had any experiences about making CNC machines nor machining.
    I still have to test and try many of the researched information to be sure, not to fail and i still made mistakes but they always turn out to be the best education! Check your possibilities, make a plan, and start your project.
    I started with a 100mm x 100mm x 100mm EG test block with an casted insert.
    If you want to mill instantly, you have to buy a machine, i am working 2 years now and im still not done with finishing my EG CNC mill. I worked 8 months bevor i made the first milling test but there is much more to do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys, can you show me a project on how to build a cheap epoxy granite milling machine (structure) that will be converted to cnc with good rigidity to mill steel that is up to date??
    I think that if you search every post on this site, that you'll find about 3 completed EG machines.
    It's not easy to do, especially on the first try, and probably not cheap. Although no one knows what you would consider cheap?

I just want to mill steel with precision for cheap and without going too much in depth about it...
    It doesn't work that way. Learning is a prerequisite.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I have worked on designing a light weight glass-epoxy-concrete machine for two years when someone who builds machines for a living pointed out that steel is way cheaper for the same stiffness, and that building in aluminium tooling plate is way easier than EG and also cheaper.

And are Gerry points out, you have to be willing to make lots of mistakes and correct them in order to build a good cnc.
    You might even need to be willing to build at least 2 machines to get one that is more or less good.

Sven http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/320812-aluminium-1250x1250x250-router.html