Open source Windmill design. - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Open source Windmill design.

Default Re: Open source Windmill design.

I have some experience with SketchUp Pro. I'd say it's the easiest 3D modeling software available but I think the best use out of it may just be the ability to import several types of 3D models of fan blades that could be available from open sourced turbine projects or even literature research often provides some 3D CAD files for public use. But to do any type of simulation for optimization based on your own local wind conditions and analysis I'd try to use some other simulation software because some of the Sketchup plug ins to try to do any physics simulations are really buggy and crash all the time.

Default Re: vertical shaft turbines

I have been actually doing just that in my spare time and it's a bit tedious but doable. I deal with fluid mechanics as an engineer so the simulation calculations aren't that bad, but I've been having some trouble trying to come up with a way to precisely change the pitch of each fan blade passively through mechanical means based on the current wind loading condition. It'd be ideal if the angle of attack could change and lock in place and only change once the wind loading condition has progressed to another state to achieve higher efficiency from another blade angle configuration.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did Design similar but have no Time ,.. As i Pilot i would say it is possible similar to pitch angle at a Propeller ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Any updates to this project?

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

As i wrote because i Do a Bridgeport retrofit my time right now is Limited so it May be Winter till i Start ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345