The Coming Climate Change - Page 416

Page 416 of 460 FirstFirst ... 316366406413414415416417418419426 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 9184

Thread: The Coming Climate Change

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The coming Climate Change

Regarding NASA maybe the Obama Admin has changed a few personnel to get the result they wanted,I will add a few NASA press releases for you to read and make up your own mind.
    I will also add some research from some fellow Australians for those who wish to learn some more.

You will soon begin to see through the Spinmeisters of the IPCC and their cronies after your life savings.

Finally I will enlighten you as to Official Court Actions against the EPA and LIsa P Jackson the Director for shall we say massaging the figures to suit their agenda.
    The List of just who is involved in that fight in the District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals I have no doubt few are aware of as the Mainstream Media are in cahoots with the crooks and it will have had very little if any coverage.

I do my research,and find documents as well as well researched thesis by individuals who seem to detest corrupt liars.

Much to much to place here, and some like Australian Antarctic Base Scientists arguing that the very nature of the way everyone takes "Ice Core" samples destroys the repeatability and viability let alone the accuracy of any samples taken as the nature of drilling the samples itself induces CO2 into the cores with the temperatre changes that occur due to drilling.

That unfortunately is one I won't share as it occurred on an internal forum and is sensitive regarding potential future employment of some involved as it is a secure system,PLease note that many who work there as Scientists are not Australian Scientists

However I will give you enough to whet your appetite and see that those who doubt have very valid concerns.
    All of this is available in the public domain except the above mentioned stuff from our Antartic division so legit to post all except details of those emails and messages.
    Have Fun reading some enlightening information those who seek facts.

Unfortunately 2 Documents are too big to upload here but a pm and I will arrange copies for those who wish from another source

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Coming Climate Change-052311endangerment_brief-pdf   The Coming Climate Change-industry_brief_in_coalition_for_responsible_regulation_v_epa_dc_cir_endangerment_rule-pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Coxsteve; 04-16-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Some files too big to upload plus additional info

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thumbs UP to Coxsteve!!

Meat and potatoes... LOVE IT!!

Didn't take long to see the beauty of the argument.... page 2 of the "enlightenment" pdf gets right to the point.

Capricious and arbitrary! Bingo.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, the IPCC is after my life savings.......wahhhhh...

Get a life Coxy, that is so way out in reasoning, as if'n it makes any difference in what is thought.

The current furore on Climate Variations may, in a very round about way, make a small insignificent impact on the daily lives of the Plebs, but they'll never notice it.

They'll notice if'n the price of petrol goes up a cent or two, or if their favourite TV program was canceled to make way for a "very important announcment" on Climate Change policy, but in the main the Plebs don't give a sh!t about Climate Change....the climate has always and will always be changing, in case some of us haven't noticed it or it's just come to their attention.

The rest is just politics, out of our control, beyond our ken

You will not change the system but the system will change you if'n you attempt it.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Handlewanker what an appropriate moniker,maybe you need to get a life or as seems more appropriate a JOB as it seems you have way too much time to post on Forums while we others actually Work and pay our way.

Our American Friends may well beg to differ regarding one person or a small group being able to change things for the better,And if I and others are not mistaken it has only taken a small group of rogues to make changes that are not for the better.

As for your so called small insignificant changes,I believe approximately 20 Million Australians would be likely to string you up from the nearest Telegraph Pole for belittling changes that have cost many their entire life's work because of these Capricious Traitors.

Rises in the cost of electricity,water and other utility charges since Labor came to office are about 35% and as for Gasoline an increase of 50% despite a very strong Australian Dollar.
    Not to mention the flow on effect on all other goods and services from that.
    So much for your insignificant cent or two,Wear Grease paint and a big red nose do we.

For our American friends Fuel hovers around the US$6.00 mark in Australia these days since we foolishly voted in A Labor (read Democrats) Government in 2007

Now for the IPCC being after your bank account,if you are smart emough to search you will find that the second in charge of one of the IPCC's main Working groups has already admitted publicly so called Climate change is not about the enviroment, but purely being put in place to redistribute wealth from the Western Nations to the so called third world.
    With the added bonus of securing funding for the United Nations as well.

This revelation came about in Germany and here are the details.
    Neue Zurchen Zeitung 14 November 2010
    "Climate policy has almost nothing to do with enviromental protection"
    "The next World Sumit in Cancun is actually an Economy Sumit during which the Distribution of the Worlds Recources will be Negotiated"
    Both the Above quotes came from Ottmar Edenhofer who just happens to be a German Economist and Co Chair of the IPCC's Working Group 111(3).

Any wonder then why our Estemed Australian Union stooge Greg Combet has refused to publically out just what he signed in Cancun on Behalf of Australians last year.

And as for Copenhagen the Aim there was World Governence but Third World Countries did not trust the UN and Vetoed it that time,That information is actually in the official minutes of the meeting.

No doubt you do not like someone fresh coming into bat for the opposing viewpoint,May I point out if you wish to joust best not to pick on an opponent better armed than yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Our American Friends may well beg to differ regarding one person or a small group being able to change things for the better,And if I and others are not mistaken it has only taken a small group of rogues to make changes that are not for the better.
    This is one Yank that definitely concurs with Coxsteve's statement.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Coxsteve View Post
    Now for the IPCC being after your bank account,if you are smart emough to search you will find that the second in charge of one of the IPCC's main Working groups has already admitted publicly so called Climate change is not about the enviroment, but purely being put in place to redistribute wealth from the Western Nations to the so called third world.
    With the added bonus of securing funding for the United Nations as well.

This revelation came about in Germany and here are the details.
    Neue Zurchen Zeitung 14 November 2010
    "Climate policy has almost nothing to do with enviromental protection"
    "The next World Sumit in Cancun is actually an Economy Sumit during which the Distribution of the Worlds Recources will be Negotiated"
    Both the Above quotes came from Ottmar Edenhofer who just happens to be a German Economist and Co Chair of the IPCC's Working Group 111(3).
    On a similar note..Some time ago, Saudi Arabia let it be known that they wanted to be compensated for any losses that the AGW/green energy movement has on their country. Saudi Arabia wants the world to pay them for oil that the world doesn't use.

Saudi Arabia to Seek Financial Aid if World Reduces Oil Dependence

snip============================================== ==========

Saudi Arabia campaigned quietly for financial compensation should a climate deal substantially reduce the world’s use of fossil fuels. The country appears to be motivated not by a need for assistance adapting to the impact of global warming but rather by a desire for compensation for decreased oil profits.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree that we should assist Saudi Arabia if our oil consumption/imports drops, resulting in a loss of income for them.

We should ship them 4 million squirt guns. They can use them to keep themselves cool while we turn a lot of that useless sand into some high quality glass. (we should rescue the Bentleys first...)

Downloads
    Uploads

It would be one in your eye if'n the Saudis covered a large area of the desert with solar panels and then when they stopped pumping oil 'cos nobody wanted it, they could send the electricity they generated back to you at double the price.......frigging hilarious....LOL.

At one fell swoop they not only eliminate what's left of your car industry, but get to make you now totally reliant on them for your daily power needs.

The fact is they can afford to do it....they have your money, so inadvertantly you will be paying them to bill you for your energy useage......better be nice to them....LOL.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gaia' scientist James Lovelock: I was 'alarmist' about climate change | Mail Online

'I made a mistake': Gaia theory scientist James Lovelock admits he was 'alarmist' about the impact of climate change

British scientist admits he had 'extrapolated too far' in earlier book
    Claims other environmental commentators such as Al Gore did the same.

By Lydia Warren

PUBLISHED: 16:12 EST, 23 April 2012

Environmental scientist James Lovelock, renowned for his terrifying predictions of climate change's deadly impact on the planet, has gone back on his previous claims, admitting they were 'alarmist'.

The 92-year-old Briton, who also developed the Gaia theory of the Earth as a single organism, has said climate change is still happening - just not as quickly as he once warned.

He added that other environmental commentators, such as former vice president Al Gore, are also guilty of exaggerating their arguments.

The admission comes as a devastating blow to proponents of climate change who regard Lovelock as a powerful figurehead.

Five years ago, he had claimed: 'Before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.'

But in an interview with msnbc.com, he admitted: 'I made a mistake.'

He said: 'The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing,' he told 'We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear cut, but it hasn’t happened.

'The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world.

'[The temperature] has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising - carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.'

After two books - Revenge of Gaia: Why the Earth Is Fighting Back and How We Can Still Save Humanity, and The Vanishing Face of Gaia: A Final Warning: Enjoy It While You Can - he is writing a third.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well that's a relief to know that "Climate change is still happening"....even my old granny could make that statement and get away with it, and she left school at 12 years age to scrub floors....just goes to show you the higher the top the longer the drop (of rainwater)...Lol.

Now that Al Gore has been cited publicly to be the fraud he is, are the public going to demand a refund for all the books and video material that created the vast wealth Al has got?
    Ian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

its so sad that this many people viewed this post. Get back to work idiots!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it is the leftist mantra - that way they get to tell us how much water we need to use on our crapper, and how much poison in the way of mercury and lead vapor we put in stupid lightbulbs. it has nothing to do with anything except control.
    let's face it the only thing a government can do with real expertise is break things and make widows and orphans - that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Well that's a relief to know that "Climate change is still happening"....even my old granny could make that statement and get away with it, and she left school at 12 years age to scrub floors....just goes to show you the higher the top the longer the drop (of rainwater)...Lol.

Now that Al Gore has been cited publicly to be the fraud he is, are the public going to demand a refund for all the books and video material that created the vast wealth Al has got?
    Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

Coxsteve, you are so way out of touch with reality.....making a statement that "since Labour came back into power (2007) electricity has risen by 35% and gasoline by 50%"......what the heck is gasoline?...is that the LPG stuff that they used to burn off in Bass Strait or the American version of a petroleum product?

In case you are so far up the Yanks rectum you can only mimic their terminology, the term for the petroleum product used in cars in Australia is petrol.

You must be cracking your own crude or generating your own electricity from a home made wind turbine to get figures like 35% for electricity and 50% for petrol since 2007.

Perhaps the Government found out about your Right wing activities and sympathies and decided to slap a surcharge on you just to teach you a lesson.....more fool you.

Today, 1 May 2012, the petrol prices for unleaded in our neighbourhood (Melbourne) stand at $1.54 per litre, and electricity currently at $0.19 per kWH....do the sums relating to the prices from 2007, if'n the batteries in your abacus are still working, and report back as I'm so eager to see where your bullsh!t spreading nonsense figures originated from..... maybe direct from Tony Abbot's office of misinformation for missaligned Plebs on the Right.

I deeply sympathise with you if'n you get your information from Tony "bicycle Bill" Abbot's think tank.

My last 1/4 electricity bill worked out, after allowing for winter concessions, peak rating average and any other charges etc to $0.21 per kWH.
    Ian.

Last edited by handlewanker; 04-30-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did dinosaurs cause climate change? Huge creatures may have contributed to their own demise because they produced so much flatulence, say scientists

By Pamela Owen

Read more: Dinosaurs 'produced enough flatulence to force climate change' | Mail Online

“ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Downloads
    Uploads

This has got to rank up there with martians sank the Titanic.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    Did dinosaurs cause climate change? Huge creatures may have contributed to ...
    Huge size is probably not as important as huge numbers. Bacteria are responsible for the most catastrophic (from their point of view) pollution in the form of waste oxygen, the upside being the rise of a strain that could actually use the stuff to metabolise (the ancestors of our own cell components).

For the continued survival of the biosphere, successful species must fall victim to their own success....it's that ol genetic safety switch again

DP

Downloads
    Uploads

Of course, you can't blame dinosaurs for having oxygen metabolising, hydrogen sulphide n methane producing bacteria in their guts. Damn bacteria.

DP

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmmm, with a ratio of 2:1 for an explosive mixture, that amount of methane would have blown the Earth clean out of the Solar system....LOL.

That's interesting, maybe we're ARE in the wrong solar system.

So here we go again, another bunch of Alchemists trying desperately to justify their "life's work"....Einstein would have been extremely proud of them, even he didn't know if an atom bomb would work.

Are they now saying (thinking) that the asteroid theory was all wrong despite the huge amount of "evidence" available, I mean to say, by the documented evidence the Dinosaurs dissapeared in virtually a flash in time....could this be the great farting Dinosaur mystery explosion that wiped them out and not an asteroid impact?

If'n the Dinosaurs hadn't eaten all that green stuff, we would have had coal and oil for ever, maybe for the next 100,000 years to come......bad Dinosaurs.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    This has got to rank up there with martians sank the Titanic.
    I read a more complete version of that story today and with the added nuances it seemed almost reasonable. Basically Wilkinson et al. stated that throughout the period studied average temperature was about 6 degrees above normal. Most of that increase was due to CO2, probably CO2 resulting from very active volcanic emissions. (That was a period of fast plate motions.) But CO2 could only account for 70 or 80% of the temperature rise. But with a 6 degree temperature rise plants would grow fast and they speculated that about one 90 ton plant eater could survive on each 10 acre patch (they said 22 per 250 acres but that makes the arithmetic harder). From their studies they stated that these animals did not have a modern stomach and instead used a fermentation process for digestion. With those assumptions the resultant methane could account for the extra 20 to 30% temperature rise.

For the most part their thinking seemed reasonable. As a quick test assume a cow with 5 stomachs is a 2x more efficient digester than a sauropod, Also I remember from college chemistry that increasing temperature 10 degrees double reaction speeds so without the 6 degree temperature rise things probably grow 1/2 to 2/3 as fast. Finally 60 3000# cows equal the mass of one sauropod. Combining those ratios means that 1 sauropod per 10 acres then, is equivalent to 150 cows per 10 acres today. That seems to be too many cows per acre so perhaps Wilkinson et al. are over estimating the methane produced but probably not by enough to make their speculations equivalent to Martians sinking the Titanic.

Wilkinson et al speculations are not contrary to a meteor collision causing the end of the period. They are just pointing out that animals and climate may be connected more tightly than we assume. At some point today I saw a comment that the lack of methane after the meteor crash may account for the sudden 1000 yearlong global temperature decline that followed the crash.

Tom B

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomB View Post
    ...average temperature was about 6 degrees above normal. Most of that increase was due to CO2, probably CO2 resulting from very active volcanic emissions.

How much of the temperature increase was due to the heat liberated by the volcanos directly?

Who is to say what "normal" temperature should have been anyway...

Red to red and black to black, or it's ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Page 416 of 460 FirstFirst ... 316366406413414415416417418419426 ... LastLast