The Coming Climate Change - Page 193

Page 193 of 460 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203243293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 9184

Thread: The Coming Climate Change

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    It seems there is some breaking of the ranks in the million scientist GW parade:

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/

Mariss
    Dear Mariss,

Thank-you so much for that post.

Best wishes,

Martin

Last edited by martinw; 07-17-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: plural Moi

Downloads
    Uploads

No apologies required. The sound of someone being obsequious while licking your boots is so sickening it makes me want to puke.

The beauty of this forum is that you are able to express your point of view without being howled down by the mob, no matter if you are right or wrong.

Can't think of which amendment states you have the freedom of speech as a right, despite those that die fighting for the right to express it, but deny you the right to actually express it when you do.

There'll always be someone who is right some of the time and there are a plethora of informed souls that have a totally different point of view, no doubt gleaned from the "10 most important things you should know" on the back of a breakfast corn flakes box.

That's life, if the boot fits wear it, which interpreted for lesser species means, if you think that the comments puts you in the frame, then they are probably right.

So Dufa, there's a good chap, grow up, stop being childish, make some relevant points of view that come from your OWN interlect, or the interpretation of current events as YOU see them.

We value your point of view, even if it is totally at a tangent to the scientist dictum of the day, remembering that the consensus of opinion that they express doesn't really mean they are right, as many in this thread have gone to great lengths, ad borium, to point out.

I don't give a rat's arse whether you consider my comments to be valid or not, as long as you have the right to shed your last drop of blood in my defense when I wish to express them.

My opinion is that the scientific community breeds like flies, and although they are the brains of the outfit, what does it profit the world if they are all following in each others footsteps, and that is a consensus if ever there was one.

Ten thousand ayes are meaningless when the ships is sinking if they collectively relate to the opinion that something ought to be done.

In the coming climate change something ought to be done allright, but to what extent and with what means and by whom, they are the burning questions.

Everything else pales into insignificance, the oil for your cars, the packaged holidays to Fiji etc and the latest opinion polls as to what life on Mars will be like in the 23 century.

But I digress, get real, allready there are fears of mass starvation in central Africa due to Zimbabwe being so far down the gurgler the other states could follow suit, ie, loss of world confidence and a withdrawal of foreign aid etc.

Will this lead to a power struggle from say China for example to gain influence and raw materials for a price the world may once again have to pay?

China, bless their bloated economic infrastructure, providing cheap oversubsidized trade beads to the world, while at the same time reaping a grim harvest of their home producer bases.

There is a black hole by any description, sucking in the resources of the world, spewing out unsolicited consumables and adding to the pollutants on such a vast scale, unopposed and not really bound by any restrainsts as the Western powers are in their perceived fight for a cleaner environment.

I think the trading of carbon credits is such a misnomer, something like sweeping the dirt from one rug to another, a mighty big balancing act.

It costs money to be squeeky clean, so the real cost of production ignores this bit until eventually it costs more to keep the yard clean than the product can be sold for.

At this moment in time our product sells for a dollar but the dumpmaster wants a hundred dollars to clear the rubbish.

Alternatively it can be shifted to an adjoining vacant yard for next to nothing,which is curently like trading carbon credits.
    Ian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heh.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here I am harping on my favorite (favourite for you Limeys) topic.

First the url so you can look at the source, then the excerpt.

If we are entering another Maunder Minimum life is going to get very interesting for our descendants, and maybe very short for a lot of them.

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com...ord-low-value/

The Solar Radio Monitoring Program is operated jointly by the National Research Council and the Canadian Space Agency, the web page for their monitoring program is here.

The 10.7cm solar radio flux is an indicator of the sun’s activity. Here is a brief description of it from the National Geophysical Data Center:

The sun emits radio energy with a slowly varying intensity. This radio flux, which originates from atmospheric layers high in the sun’s chromosphere and low in its corona, changes gradually from day-to-day, in response to the number of spot groups on the disk. Radio intensity levels consist of emission from three sources: from the undisturbed solar surface, from developing active regions, and from short-lived enhancements above the daily level. Solar flux density at 2800 megaHertz has been recorded routinely by radio telescopes near Ottawa (February 14, 1947-May 31, 1991) and Penticton, British Columbia, since the first of June, 1991. Each day, levels are determined at local noon (1700 GMT at Ottawa and 2000 GMT at Penticton) and then corrected to within a few percent for factors such as antenna gain, atmospheric absorption, bursts in progress, and background sky temperature.

Part of this has to due with the earth’s orbit and position relative to the sun in July, this from Australia’s IPS Radio and Space Services:

On July 18 1996, the observed value of the 10 cm solar flux dropped to a low of 64.9. In many books it is stated that the 10 cm solar flux can not go below a value of 67. For example, the formulae given in the June 1996 edition of the IPS Solar Geophysical Summary show 67.0 as the minimum value. So how can we get a value of 64.9?

The answer is quite interesting - it depends on the orbit of the earth! The earth’s orbit is not perfectly circular but is slightly elliptical. In July of each year we are a little further than average from the sun and so solar radiation, including the 10 cm flux, is very slightly weaker than average.

So the 10cm flux will tend to be lower in July than, for example, December when the earth is closer to the sun than its average value. The combination of the extra distance to the sun and the solar minimum conditions have acted to produce this very low flux value.

It is easy to correct for the earth-sun distance and, when this is done, a value of 67.0 is obtained. This is the text book value!

Values of the 10 cm flux are often given in two forms - first as directly observed values and secondly as values corrected for the earth-sun distance variation.

The last time that the observed 10cm flux was at a lower value was on July 26, 1964 when it stood at 64.8. The lowest value ever recored was on July 02, 1954 with a value of 64.4.

As we’ve seen from visiual cues and lack of sunpots recently, it is obvious that the sun is in a deep minimum. Expert forecasts that have called for the sun to be regularly active by now have been falsified by nature, and the question of the day is: how long before the sun becomes active again?

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh my goodness. This graph from the Hadley Centre....and graphs #5 & 6.......

China's CO2 output already exceeding the US....

.....and Australia thinks we're COOLING????

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/fil...%20cooling.pdf

...At least they're employing immigrant polar bears in a humanitarian/humanoid gesture so they can afford to buy food...

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't see Fizzwizz as a person who is capable of writing a paper promoting a hypothesis that any high school science master would take any notice of, let alone putting it before a peer review group, but rather being puffed up by the day to day events of those giants that impress the hell out of him/her? with their theories and hypotheses that by all accounts are just a consensus of opinions and are not to be taken seriously.

I would venture to say that should he/she? write such a paper, then to give it full justice and merit with maximum impact, it should be folded longtitudenally with a number of folds, as in an Origami excercise, and launched into the wind where it would at least travel far and entertain the two year olds who like that sort of thing.

I, to say the least, am fully impressed by the various peer reviewd papers of the scientific brigade that deal with global warming/cooling hypothoses and advanced theories, even if they are totally without foundation and are in the end proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to be without a single shred of truth.

At least I have an open mind, which is better than a totally closed inwardly focused and self opinionated point of view, that refuses to accept anything unless it was written on a piece of paper, that although peer reviewed, was only a slanted angle that agreed with your way of seeing things.

Perhaps I'm wrong and you have published a paper on your hypothesis.

If I see so much as a single longtitudenal fold on it then it would be construed that the peer review went badly, the damm thing didn't fly, and never saw the light of day again.

Well then, go back to your broom, sweep out the laboratory, do something usefull, we are not impressed by your head wagging to the drone of peer reviewd hypotheses no matter what the source.

Better by far, let us have YOUR point of view, given that you have, so say, examined both sides of the argument from the lofty perch that you have climbed to.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice try. Pathetic, but nice.

Guess you've never heard of the Hadley folks....ironic would be a euphemism.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are we down to here? We have one nut case crank posting drivel and a few intelligent people pretending there is sanity buried someplace in the folds and crannies of whatever passes for a mind of the this nut case. How pathetic. What purpose does it serve? You will never convince nut cases with logic, reason or anything else. So why bother?

This thread is used up, threadbare and worn out. The best people on it left a while ago. Let it die a natural death. Let the bottom dwelling carrion-eaters like this nut case feast on and eat what's left. Scavengers are nature's unthinking tools that clean up a mess their betters leave behind. It's their job.

Please, everyone else. Let's move on.

Mariss

Downloads
    Uploads

Have another beer Mariss, sounds like you desperately need it.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    At least I have an open mind.

Last edited by dynosor; 07-19-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Red to red and black to black, or it's ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Do you owe Ian an apology? I don't know,
    The apology question was a facetious remark. Apologizing to a non-entity would be a waste of time and would require that I lower myself to depths much further than I am willing to go. It would take a considered effort for anybody here to drop so low as to be on handlewanker's level.

Handlewanker, in order to justify Itself and IT's existence, uses a typical leftist, communistic foil of attempting to bring everyone down to IT's level. This is probably natural for this species. Remember, handlewanker's use of the ant analogy gives a direct view of IT's base thought processes. The only somewhat scientifically interesting observation within handlewanker's ramblings is that these lower non-entities have rudimentary collective thought processes and sometime, in the possible future, this lower species may evolve into something viable and thus, may even be able to stand on IT's own without help.

But, until then, animals in heat and small human children should be kept out of handlewanker's sight for their own safety. There is no telling what may happen.

Downloads
    Uploads

This thread is used up, threadbare and worn out.

Mariss
    Dear Mariss,

Humbly, I do not agree.

Yes, OK, there are a whole load of insults being traded. We all wear long trousers though, and anybody can (1) ignore , (2) choose to participate in the manure-fest, or (3) enjoy the posts of a whole bunch of intelligent people with whom you may, or may not agree about Climate Change.

Option (3) is one that is not widely available elsewhere.

Keep posting, please.

Best wishes,
    Martin

Downloads
    Uploads

What are we down to here? We have one nut case crank posting drivel and a few intelligent people pretending there is sanity buried someplace in the folds and crannies of whatever passes for a mind of the this nut case. How pathetic. .....
    I suppose, because I have stated several times that I think Ian does have some sensible stuff buried in all his obnoxious drivel, I am being pathetic?

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    I suppose, because I have stated several times that I think Ian does have some sensible stuff buried in all his obnoxious drivel, I am being pathetic?
    If Ian throws enough crap, there's bound to be a flower growing somewhere in there. One can recognize that if Ian put more than 2 brain cells together and wrote something worth while, he'll immediately destroy it in the next paragraph, although it is more often within the same sentence.. Ian can't handle more than 2 aligned brain cells at a time, IT gets confused..

This is similar to ten thousand monkeys and ten thousand typewriters. Sooner or later, one of them is going to construct a cogent sentence. Whether the monkey realizes it is another thing. This should be immediately apparent when IT answers anything in response to anyone's post. Also note that he cannot, under any circumstances handle a direct question. Ant brains are not constructed to carry thoughtful mental intercourse. This has been scientifically proven by consensus which is the only science that counts...

Downloads
    Uploads

Cannot keep up with this thread, Marriss, you need amphetamines and solitary confinement cell with an internet terminal so you can stay awake long enough to keep up with this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Keeling Curve

Draw your own conclusions

http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/globalcha..._curve/01.html

:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Myth of Consensus Explodes: APS Opens Global Warming Debate"

"The American Physical Society, an organization representing nearly 50,000 physicists, has reversed its stance on climate change and is now proclaiming that many of its members disbelieve in human-induced global warming. The APS is also sponsoring public debate on the validity of global warming science. The leadership of the society had previously called the evidence for global warming "incontrovertible."

As I’ve said many many times before the small amounts of CO2 in our atmosphere, measured in Parts Per Million (PPM), constitute nothing more than trace elements and can’t possibly be the cause of global warming. You don’t have to be a physicist to understand this but if you were you’d reach the same conclusion as those 50,000 scientists.

One of the biggest blows to the conclusions of this "garbage can science" was the discovery that virtually all of the of planets in our solar system have experienced the same increases in temperature.

Furthermore, those increases have paralleled the increased activity of the sun exactly!

Ladies and gentlemen, politicians and environmental extremists are manipulating us with lies and using scare tactics.

As frugal as I have always been energy wise, I am now on an energy conservation binge. I do so NOT out of concern for global warming but simply because it's expensive and I can't afford not to.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hear! Hear!

I still wonder why these 50K scientists got on board to begin with, but if the unintentional side effect is better energy conservation and less pollution so be it. As long as congress uses these trends in thought to push common sense technology instead of silly Carbon Sequestration Legislation, so be it.
    No to mention releasing the stranglehold the Middle East has on the United States.

THE PICKENS PLAN

Quote Originally Posted by Art Bianconi View Post
    "Myth of Consensus Explodes: APS Opens Global Warming Debate"

"The American Physical Society, an organization representing nearly 50,000 physicists, has reversed its stance on climate change and is now proclaiming that many of its members disbelieve in human-induced global warming. The APS is also sponsoring public debate on the validity of global warming science. The leadership of the society had previously called the evidence for global warming "incontrovertible."

As I’ve said many many times before the small amounts of CO2 in our atmosphere, measured in Parts Per Million (PPM), constitute nothing more than trace elements and can’t possibly be the cause of global warming. You don’t have to be a physicist to understand this but if you were you’d reach the same conclusion as those 50,000 scientists.

One of the biggest blows to the conclusions of this "garbage can science" was the discovery that virtually all of the of planets in our solar system have experienced the same increases in temperature.

Furthermore, those increases have paralleled the increased activity of the sun exactly!

Ladies and gentlemen, politicians and environmental extremists are manipulating us with lies and using scare tactics.

As frugal as I have always been energy wise, I am now on an energy conservation binge. I do so NOT out of concern for global warming but simply because it's expensive and I can't afford not to.

Last edited by mongo46538; 07-21-2008 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Bad URL

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

While I do not believe that GW is human caused, I do believe that the truth be presented no matter which side of the argument that these facts may be.

See http://climateprogress.org/2008/07/1...beginning-now/

Snip============================================== ==========

Physicists forced to reaffirm that human-caused global warming is “incontrovertible”

The Drudge headline blared “Group Repping 50,000 Physicists Opens Global Warming Debate…” The link was to a story “Myth of Consensus Explodes: APS Opens Global Warming Debate.” Since it was a denier website, I ignored it. Then I got forwarded an e-mail from one of the top journalists in the country titled “This may be important” with the same opening paragraph as the denier article:

The American Physical Society, an organization representing nearly 50,000 physicists, has reversed its stance on climate change and is now proclaiming that many of its members disbelieve in human-induced global warming. The APS is also sponsoring public debate on the validity of global warming science. The leadership of the society had previously called the evidence for global warming “incontrovertible.”

Now you can be just as sure that any denier talk point is wrong without studying it in detail as you can be sure that a perpetual motion machine is not, in fact, perpetual without studying it in detail. But as a former American Physical Society Congressional science fellow, I feel obliged to point out that the obvious way to figure out what the American Physical Society believes is to go to their website, www.aps.org, and see what they say:

APS Climate Change Statement

APS Position Remains Unchanged

The American Physical Society reaffirms the following position on climate change, adopted by its governing body, the APS Council, on November 18, 2007:

“Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth’s climate.”

An article at odds with this statement recently appeared in an online newsletter of the APS Forum on Physics and Society, one of 39 units of APS. The header of this newsletter carries the statement that “Opinions expressed are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the APS or of the Forum.” This newsletter is not a journal of the APS and it is not peer reviewed.

Red arrow Read: APS Climate Change Statement [which states, “The evidence is incontrovertible” and “We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.”

I really don’t like the word “consensus” (see Deniers say there’s no consensus about global warming. Well, there’s not. There’s well-tested science and real-world observations [that are much more worrisome].” But in any case, one ignorant editor at one unpeer-reviewed newsletter does not explode it.

So this editor who single-handedly smeared the good name of the American Physical Society and the 50,000 physicists it represents is one “Jeff Marque, Senior Staff Physicist at Beckman Coulter Corporation, 1050 Page Mill Rd., MSY-14, Palo Alto, CA 94304, jjmarque@sbcglobal.net.” Please do email him and his bosses (whose names and e-mails I will provide below) to let them know your thoughts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Great Global Warming Swindle
    This the documentary Phil has talked about and it's finally available.
    Understand, we make nothing from this. We simply provide this link so you can
    purchase the DVD if you like. It's full of great information that utterly destroys the global warming argument.
    Click here

• Higher CO2 levels may be good for plants: German scientists
      The dramatic rise in dangerous greenhouse gases in the atmosphere may be troubling scientists and world leaders but it could prove to be a boon for plants, German researchers said Tuesday. Increasing exposure to carbon dioxide appears to boost crop yields, Hans-Joachim Weigel of the Johann Heinrich von Thuenen Institute for rural areas, forestry and fisheries in the central city of Brunswick told AFP. Click here
    • Alleviate world hunger produce more clean carbon dioxide
      Far from being a pollutant, man along with every animal on land, fish in the sea, and bird in the air is totally dependent on atmospheric carbon dioxide for his food supply. Click here
    • Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month
      In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. Click here
    • Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming and the High Price of Gas
      John Coleman, the founder of the Weather Channel, outlines how the Branch Algorians are driving up the price of gas. Read his speech to the San Diego Chamber of Commerce. Click here
    • So much for 'settled science'
      You may have heard earlier this month that global warming is now likely to take break for a decade or more. There will be no more warming until 2015, perhaps later. Click here

• 31,000 scientists reject 'global warming' agenda
      More than 31,000 scientists across the U.S. – including more than 9,000 Ph.D.s in fields such as atmospheric science, climatology, Earth science, environment and dozens of other specialties – have signed a petition rejecting "global warming," the assumption that the human production of greenhouse gases is damaging Earth's climate. Click here

• Study says global warming not worsening hurricanes
      Global warming isn't to blame for the recent jump in hurricanes in the Atlantic, concludes a study by a prominent federal scientist whose position has shifted on the subject. Not only that, warmer temperatures will actually reduce the number of hurricanes in the Atlantic and those making landfall, research meteorologist Tom Knutson reported in a study released Sunday. Click here
    • Watch the web for climate change truths
      A notable story of recent months should have been the evidence pouring in from all sides to cast doubts on the idea that the world is inexorably heating up. The proponents of man-made global warming have become so rattled by how the forecasts of their computer models are being contradicted by the data that some are rushing to modify the thesis. Click here
    • Global warming may 'stop', scientists predict
      Global warming will stop until at least 2015 because of natural variations in the climate, scientists have said.Researchers studying long-term changes in sea temperatures said they now expect a "lull" for up to a decade while natural variations in climate cancel out the increases caused by man-made greenhouse gas emissions. Click here
    • Global warming 'dips this year'
      The World Meteorological Organization's secretary-general, Michel Jarraud, told the BBC it was likely that La Nina would continue into the summer. This would mean global temperatures have not risen since 1998, prompting some to question climate change theory. Click here

• Climate facts to warm to
      It was a remarkable interview involving the co-host of Counterpoint, Michael Duffy and Jennifer Marohasy, a biologist and senior fellow of Melbourne-based think tank the Institute of Public Affairs.Duffy asked Marohasy: "Is the Earth still warming?" She replied: "No, actually, there has been cooling, if you take 1998 as your point of reference. If you take 2002 as your point of reference, then temperatures have plateaued. Click here
    • Shining a light on hazards of fluorescent bulbs
      Compact fluorescent light bulbs, long touted by environmentalists as a more efficient and longer-lasting alternative to the incandescent bulbs that have lighted homes for more than a century, are running into resistance from waste industry officials and some environmental scientists, who warn that the bulbs’ poisonous innards pose a bigger threat to health and the environment than previously thought. Click here
    • The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat
      Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. These diving instruments suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past four or five years. That could mean global warming has taken a breather. Click here
    • Global warming is a scam
      In this PDF link, John Coleman, founder of the Weather Channel lays out the facts arguing the whole global warming scare is a scam. He uses true scientific evidence to totally destroy the so-called "hockey stick" graph used by Al Gore and others. Click here
    • Climate panel on the hot seat
      Several studies cast doubt on the accuracy of the hockey stick [theory], and in 2006 Congress requested an independent analysis of it. A panel of statisticians chaired by Edward J. Wegman, of George Mason University, found significant problems with the methods of statistical analysis used by the researchers and with the IPCC's peer review process.These problems led Mr. Wegman's team to conclude that the idea that the planet is experiencing unprecedented global warming "cannot be supported."Click here
    • Mercury leaks found as new bulbs break
      Compact fluorescent lamps - those spiral, energy-efficient bulbs popular as a device to combat global warming - can pose a small risk of mercury poisoning to infants, young children, and pregnant women if they break, two reports concluded yesterday. Click here
    • Temperature monitors report widescale global cooling
      Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Click here
    • Calm sun, cold Earth
      One thing alone stands against the Greens. The science does not support them. Their sense of moral superiority, their contempt for all things modern, their resistance to all forms of energy except the weakest—wind and solar, and at the very heart of the Greens' message is a contempt and hatred for the human race. Click here

• More consensus on the sun causing warming
      Now, Canadian scientists are seeking additional funding for more and better "eyes" with which to observe our sun, which has a bigger impact on Earth's climate than all the tailpipes and smokestacks on our planet combined Click here
    • Climate shift: political rhetoric distorts reality
      Eighty-two percent of the scientists agreed that "global warming is a process already under way." While 56 percent agreed that "climate change is mostly the result of anthropogenic [man-made] causes," 30 percent disagreed, and 14 percent were unsure. That's a fair amount of uncertainty and disagreement, rather than pure consensus.Click here
    • Study: Climate change could cut hurricanes
      Okay, let's say, just for grins, that global warming is real. A new government study says if the oceans warm that will actually slow down hurricanes, not increase them. What say you, Al? Click here
    • Study finds natural cause for rapid Arctic warming
      Global warming may not be the culprit after all when it comes to Arctic changes. Click here
    • A cold spell soon to replace global warming
      Earth is now at the peak of one of its passing warm spells. It started in the 17th century when there was no industrial influence on the climate to speak of and no such thing as the hothouse effect. The current warming is evidently a natural process and utterly independent of hothouse gases. Click here
    • Year of global cooling
      Al Gore says global warming is a planetary emergency. It is difficult to see how this can be so when record low temperatures are being set all over the world. In 2007, hundreds of people died, not from global warming, but from cold weather hazards.Click here
    • Sun, Not Man, Main Cause of Climate Change, New Study Says
      According to a new study on global warming, climate scientists at the University of Rochester, the University of Alabama, and the University of Virginia found that the climate change models based on human influence do not match observed warming. Click here
    • A complete list of things caused by global warming
      Does it seem like people blame everything on global warming? It's not your imagination. This link keeps a running tab of everything blamed on global warming with links to the news stories. It really does demonstrate the absurdity of the Branch Algorians. Click here
    • Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History'
      In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious. As the temperature rises, polar ice cap melting, coastal flooding and super storm pattern all fail to occur as predicted everyone will come to realize we have been duped. Click here
    • 'Global Warming' as Pathological Science
      Today's Global Warming campaign is endangering real, honest science. Global Warming superstition has become an international power grab, and good science suffers as a result. Click here
    • The Global Warming Test
      How much do you really know about the global warming issue? Test your knowledge with 10 quick questions. Click here
    • Sun still main force in climate change
      Despite the claim of a heavily publicized recent study, the sun still appears to be the main agent in global climate change, according to new research by Danish scientists. Click here
    • In Hot Water: Ice Age Defrosted by Warming Ocean, Not Rise in CO2
      Now, new evidence from a marine sediment core from the deep Pacific points to warmer ocean waters around Antarctica (in sync with the Milankovitch cycle)-not greenhouse gases-as the culprit behind the thawing of the last ice age. Click here
    • Climate Change May Help Rainforests
      Climate change may lead to lush growth rather than catastrophic tree loss in the Amazonian forests, researchers from the US and Brazil have found. A study, in the journal Science, found that reduced rainfall had led to greener forests, possibly because sunlight levels are higher when there are fewer rainclouds. Click here
    • Challenge to Scientific Consensus on Global Warming: Analysis Finds Hundreds of Scientists Have Published Evidence Countering Man-Made Global Warming Fears
      A new analysis of peer-reviewed literature reveals that more than 500 scientists have published evidence refuting at least one element of current man-made global warming scares. Click here
    • Survey: Less Than Half of All Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory
      Of 528 total papers on climate change, only 38 (7%) gave an explicit endorsement of the consensus. If one considers "implicit" endorsement (accepting the consensus without explicit statement), the figure rises to 45%. However, while only 32 papers (6%) reject the consensus outright, the largest category (48%) are neutral papers, refusing to either accept or reject the hypothesis. This is no "consensus."Click here
    • Blogger Finds Y2K Bug in NASA Climate Data
      Years of bad data corrected; 1998 no longer the warmest year on record. Click here
    • It's the Sun, Stupid
      Even filtered by our atmosphere, even after traveling eight minutes at the speed of light, sunshine is so full of energy it can create life on Earth, turn water to gas and melt polar ice. But the sun can't cause global warming? Click here
    • Alarmist global warming claims melt under scientific scrutiny
      Many of the assertions Gore makes in his movie, ''An Inconvenient Truth,'' have been refuted by science, both before and after he made them. Gore can show sincerity in his plea for scientific honesty by publicly acknowledging where science has rebutted his claims. Click here
    • Local scientist calls global warming theory 'hooey'
      Reid Bryson, known as the father of scientific climatology, considers global warming a bunch of hooey. Click here
    • Kilimanjaro not a victim of climate change, UW scientist says
      The shrinking snowcap atop Mount Kilimanjaro has become an icon of global warming. Yes, ice cover has shrunk by 90 percent, they say. But no, the buildup of greenhouse gases from cars, power plants and factories is not to blame. Click here
    • NASA's Top Official Questions Global Warming
      NASA administrator Michael Griffin is drawing the ire of his agency's preeminent climate scientists after apparently downplaying the need to combat global warming. Click here
    • Global warming debunked
      Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time, meteorologist Augie Auer told the annual meeting of Mid Canterbury Federated Farmers in Ashburton this week. Click here
    • Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics
      Many former believers in catastrophic man-made global warming have recently reversed themselves and are now climate skeptics. The names included are just a sampling of the prominent scientists who have spoken out recently to oppose former Vice President Al Gore, the United Nations, and the media driven "consensus" on man-made global warming. Click here
    • Scientist: Models used to analyze climate change are incoherent & invalid from a scientific point of view
      Scientists might not have human behavior to blame for global warming, according to the president of the World Federation of Scientists. Click here
    • Earth's Climate Is Seesawing, According To Climate Researchers
      During the last 10,000 years climate has been seesawing between the North and South Atlantic Oceans. As revealed by findings presented by Quaternary scientists at Lund University, Sweden, cold periods in the north have corresponded to warmth in the south and vice verse. These results imply that Europe may face a slightly cooler future than predicted by IPCC, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Click here
    • Storm guru: Oceans, not CO2, cause warming
      Challenging the climate science community, noted hurricane forecaster Dr. William Gray said that global ocean currents, not human-produced carbon dioxide, are responsible for global warming, and the Earth may begin to cool on its own in five to 10 years. Click here
    • Scientist: Warming not caused by humans
      Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and former NASA scientist, said he knows he's in the minority with his opinions, but he doesn't believe manmade influences are causing catastrophic climate changes. Click here
    • The Root Goal Behind The Radical Global Warming Movement
      Ahead of Earth Day on Sunday, an advocacy group warned that the United States is ignoring "the most crucial factor in reducing global warming" -- population control. Click here
    • Why So Gloomy?
      Dr. Richard Lindzen of MIT explains in this piece from Newsweek that if we are warming it will be beneficial, not catastrophic. Click here
    • Global Warming Skeptic Challenges Gore to Debate
      A British skeptic of global warming "alarmism" on Tuesday challenged climate change activist and former Vice President Al Gore to a debate on the issue. Click here
    • Global warming hits Mars too: study Global warming could be heating Mars four times faster than Earth due to a mutually reinforcing interplay of wind-swept dust and changes in reflected heat from the Sun, according to a study. Must be that SUV Mars Rover. Click here
    • Interview with Dr. Fred Singer
      This is an excellent PBS interview with Dr. Fred Singer. Dr. Singer is an atmospheric physicist at George Mason University and founder of the Science and Environmental Policy Project, a think tank on climate and environmental issues. Click here
    • 'Global Warming Is Lies' Claims Documentary
      'The Great Global Warming Swindle' - backed by eminent scientists - is set to rock the accepted consensus that climate change is being driven by humans. Click here
    • The National Anxiety Center
      The good news is . . . the bad news is wrong!Click here
    • Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Global Warming
      National Geographic - Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural-and not a human-induced-cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory. Click here
    • Al Gore's Personal Energy Use Is His Own "Inconvenient Truth"
      Gore's home uses more than 20 times the national average. More ammo on the hypocrisy of the global warming crowd, namely its leader, Al Gore. Click here
    • Global Warming is not due to human contribution of Carbon Dioxide
      Great article by one of the first Canadian Ph.Ds in climatology. He says the science just isn't there to support global warming. Click here
    • Global warming alarmists coming after your food
      Phil first mentioned this as a joke after a November 2006 report stated cows pooted more CO2s than SUVs. "They're coming after our steaks next," Phil quipped. Well, guess what? Click here
    • How many dirt people does it take to change a light bulb?
      If you think all this global warming hysteria has no bearing on your life, look at what they're doing in Australia. They're set to ban the incandescent light bulb. California is considering the same thing. Click here
    • UN Report on Global Warming
      The truth about the IPCC report from the UN according to Sen. Jim Inhofe. It's a policy report from the global warming crowd, not reflective of what's actually in the report. Click here
      More from Sen. Inhofe's office. Interview with MIT professor Richard Lindzen on Larry King Live. Click here

• A Skeptic's Guide To Debunking Global Warming Alarmism
      Looking for ammo to debunk the global warming alarmists out there? This is it. Click here
    Phil Valentine's bullet points on A Skeptic's Guide To Debunking Global Warming Alarmism. Click here

• The scientists Al Gore didn't interview
      Over 17,000 noted scientists have signed a petition debunking the so-called global warming theory. It's headed up by a past president of the National Academy of Sciences. Have you heard about it in the mainstream media? Probably not. Here's a link to share with the dirt people in your life. Click here

• How to get to the bottom of the global warming debate
    USA Today interview with a scientist who has no dog in the global warming fight. Good stuff. Click here

• Senator Fights Back With Facts
    Great speech on the Senate floor by Senator James Inhofe entitled "Hot & Cold Media Spin: A Challenge To Journalists Who Cover Global Warming." Click here

• More Ammo to Debunk the Myth
      Great site with lots of information and links. Click here
    • Fewer Pirates Causing Global Warming
      A bit of humor to demonstrate the absurdity of the global warming argument. Click here for the graph.

Page 193 of 460 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203243293 ... LastLast