Water Consumption: The Next Big Industrial Cost

Thread: Water Consumption: The Next Big Industrial Cost

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Water Consumption: The Next Big Industrial Cost

Water Consumption: The Next Big Industrial Cost

I thought I'd post this article to get others' reactions to the topic.

We're always looking to reduce our environmental impact and agree that water consumption is often overlooked.

What are some things that worked for you cut cut down on water?

Ty Johnson
    International Tool
    Carrollton, TX
    International Tool | U.S. Quality Manufacturing

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Get rid of 80% of lawns! THE single most inefficient use of landscape water known to man.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes The water consumption is is very big topic to discuss now and it can cost so big.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Other than some small research companies that are converting water and carbon monoxide into ethanol intended for plastic manufacture I've never seen any company destroy water. (Remember that even breaking water into H and O then burning the H leads right back to water vapor.) Yes it comes in one side of the plant and goes out the other but that is borrowing water not using it up. Its true that we put water on lawns or farms and it seems to disappear, but it really is not destroyed, it will add to the aquifer, letch into streams or evaporate but that not lost water, it will be available to pumps, flow back to the ocean or become tomorrows rain. I pump a massive amount of water out of my ponds and make snow out of it. But I've not lost it, the next thaw puts it right back in my ponds. Further if I pump it out of the local stream to refill my ponds I've not lost water -- come spring it will be put right back into that stream when my ponds rise above the overflows. Further by holding some winter runoff at higher elevations the stream flow in the spring will be smoothed since melts will be delayed, hence less flooding. While water is borrowed it might get dirtier but evaporation, sun light and sand filtering clean almost all water back up. If a pollutant is not cleaned by that process then there is a valid reason for regulating the pollutant, not for regulating the water usage.

I know some western states are running out of water, because of terrain and the ocean currents they tend to be desert or near desert and they have been that way for eons. If people want to live there they should not be complaining about the lack of rain, they should be footing the bill for pipes and pumps to move water from where it is too plentiful to where it is needed. Every spring the Mississippi River moves more water to the ocean than is necessary to keep the Gulf viable. Pump some of that water up the hill to fill the Colorado. Likewise with the Susquehanna, the Connecticut, the Hudson and the Red rivers.

I just don't see how we can argue that there is a water shortage when every place I've lived is devastated by flooding almost annually and sometimes several times a year. Yes city reservoirs periodically get low but even when that happens there is always some river within a few hundred or a few thousand miles that overbanked within the past 12 months. Think ahead and arrange to save that water. It will be more expensive than just pumping water out of the local river, but that is just the cost of living. Trying to say some other water user is less privileged than you so they must stop using water for your benefit or your tax rate is just bullying.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jakson View Post
    Yes The water consumption is is very big topic to discuss now and it can cost so big.

Downloads
    Uploads

Due to climate changes, some area or countries have a lot of rain, like in Indonesia, in the last 2 years, have 10 months of rainy season. This lead to flood, but we can not manage water. This excessive water if managed right, can decrease industrial cost for using water. So to me to decrease cost, somebody should manage forset and rain.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Water Consumption: The Next Big Industrial Cost

Quote Originally Posted by Anders35 View Post
    There are new ways to get water as there are new latest design pumps and motors are in the market. They can get the as per their requirement for their commercial and industrial use.
    Looking at this guy's other posts, there's a very distinct odor of RIP-OFF SPAM.

Default Re: Water Consumption: The Next Big Industrial Cost

North Americans are the largest users of water, sending about 1,800 gallons per person per day down the drain. This figure represents not only personal use but the water required to manufacture products and food.