bio plastics

Thread: bio plastics

Downloads
    Uploads

Default bio plastics

I've been researching bio plastics for quite some time and I'm beginning to see a number of benefits for the home hobbyist . There are a fair variety of plastics that can be safely and simply made at home , and today I'm playing with a simple polymer recipe for soft lures with water , glycerin , and gelatin . It's fairly tough , flexible and very elastic like with similar properties to vinyl plastisol which is typically used for baits . Q&A: Can I make bioplastic fishing lures?

Anyhow , these bio plastics are low cost and easy to make . I've seen many posts from guys who want to make machinable wax and such for test cutting parts or what have you . An alternative may be to make a starch based plastic which appear to be quite hard depending upon the recipe and mix ratio . I haven't played with any of the other plastics but will at some point or other . Googling comes up with a lot of recipes for anyone who wants to play