Second pass start at the end of the first? Enroute4

Thread: Second pass start at the end of the first? Enroute4

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Second pass start at the end of the first? Enroute4

I am sure this is something simple but I cannot figure it out. While cutting a toolpath with multiple passes, The bit will return to the start point of the cut after each pass. Is there a way to have it start the second pass at the end of the first cut? I am learning the program from scratch and spare time but being able to get this figured out will same me a ton of cut time while I still learn the program. Thank you ver much.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Second pass start at the end of the first? Enroute4

Quote Originally Posted by barenone View Post
    I am sure this is something simple but I cannot figure it out. While cutting a toolpath with multiple passes, The bit will return to the start point of the cut after each pass. Is there a way to have it start the second pass at the end of the first cut? I am learning the program from scratch and spare time but being able to get this figured out will same me a ton of cut time while I still learn the program. Thank you ver much.
    I don't know if you're still looking for an answer to this, but for anyone else who comes along, in the output options dialog, change the priority order so "Pass" is first. The programming will machine each tool pass in order. For example, if you have a .25 end mill with two passes (main cut & final pass) and a .125 end mill with one pass for detail, you will have the tools cut in the order of .1) 25 end mill main cut, 2) .125 end mill, and finally 3) .25 end mill final pass.

Hope that helps.