Cutting onto the side

Thread: Cutting onto the side

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cutting onto the side

First and foremost I apologize if I am not explaining things well. I am pretty new to Enroute (and CNC in general) and am more or less learning as I go. I am having a problem with my toolpaths on 3d files. Any time a file has a flat side the tool wants to cut into the side instead of either waiting for the next tool to cut it out or not cutting it at all. The end result is a jagged cut along the edge of the part that is actually cut into the part, effecting its dimensions. I am not sure if my relief is the problem or if I am doing the toolpaths wrong. If you have any questions on how to clarify what I mean feel free to ask. Thank you for any help you can give.

My enroute version is 4.2
    My 3d image was built in rhino and transfered as an stl.
    the bit I am cutting with is 1/8 ball nose. but the same thing happens with other tools as well.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cutting onto the side

this issue coming with programs that alter models to pixels..

within these programs you need to set a reasonable resolution to reducing the pixels..

I know it sounds complicated.. but this is your issue..

things could help...

use polygonmodeler instead rhino, and facets going to be more uniform, less ""broken"" surfaces..

in rhino you make solidmodels, and within conversion to stl, rhino makes an optimalized triangulated surface...
    pending on the settings you can get large triangles..

while enroute has great features on engraving, the 3d side is very limited..
    you might use next other programs to getting better toolpathing on 3d models..

freemill is free and you can import directly from rhino.. no stl need..

you can try artcam express 150 and you wont get issues within 3d

cambam also 150 and makes great toolpathing on models, no altering to pixels..

btw what router youre using?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank for the info. I will talk to the higher ups and see if the will approve of me using other programs. As for the router it is a techno cnc lc series 4896. I will see if the programs you mentioned are compatible.

Downloads
    Uploads

well

if youre an employee at a company....
    on your side you can try blender for modeling is free, gmax also free, hexagon 20...

freemill also as it name says free..

beyond you get permission to using these, you have to prepare some homework to learn these programs.. so.. good luck..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome thank you. I have used blender before. As well as GMax. I have been doing 3d image for about 10 years now at one level or another. its the cnc part thats new to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

that's it.. youre on the right track..

the techno, pending on when it made you might have issues due older systems using a dosbased control..
    im not sure about cambam, but delcam can make you any postprocessor..

artcam just a very small segment of delcam, they can handle virtually any control.. so a postprocessor for output shouldn't be problem

heres a sample gcode for techno..
    there are a couple of techno postprocessor... even for atc..

if this file shows result then that's already good.. if not, then delcam makes you ... but as much I remember around 90s the isel company , techno used their stuff, isel advertised always delcam as their partner...

on forum a member ericsoft is the savy of techno controls..

the file I uploaded is a simple text with v bit.. need to rename from txt to ncd due forum don't let upload ncd extension

Attached Files Attached Files