Import ai. File Problem

Thread: Import ai. File Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Import ai. File Problem

Having issues importing ai. files into EnRoute...I have had continuing issues importing ai. files into EnRoute v4.2. Upon importing the original files become distorted ...especially text. I have tried opening the original files in other programs such as CorelDraw and saving as DXF-EPS-PDF and importing to EnRoute with same results. Any ideas or suggestion are appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have some experience with this - ensure that you save your .ai files as older versions - Enroute is optimized for vsn 10, but sometimes saving a file as vsn. 8 will solve a problem. Ensure you have eliminated gradients and masks, and that your vectors have a stroke or fill (otherwise they may not show up). It's also best to make sure your artboard in Illustrator is larger than the work. Although making an .eps will sometimes overcome issues, it's less likely.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive found that importing DXF's out of illustrator works well. Make sure that everything is ungrouped and any compounded paths have been released. use outlines only and turn off fill.
    In other words.. the simpler the drawing is the better chance you have of succesful import. If your elements all end up stacked on top of each other down near the origin of the plate, youve forgetten to ungroup or the like..

Within illustrator, there are a variety of ways to save the DXF out put. I usually use this:
    autocad version :2004/2005/2006
    scale 1 : 1 <<<<<<<<<<<<< Be careful with this one.. If you bring an imperial measure drawing into a metric set up on enroute.. it will be HUGE!! or vice verse cant remember which but you'll figure it out..! LoL!!

number colors : 8
    raster format : PNG
    options:
    preserve appearance

Hope this help!

Now.. if someone could tell me how to export an ai or eps of usabel dxf out of enroute.. that would be great!

Cheers! Rich

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Import ai. File Problem

Version 5 can handle AI 6 files just fine. Plus, in some instances it recognizes illustrator grouping. With respect to exporting, it should be in the drop downFILE menu in enroute.

Downloads
    Uploads

I find it is a pain exporting FROM Er - but offhand, a DXF tends ot be most faithful, rather than AI.
    However you might have to reweld all segments back together again...

Downloads
    Uploads

I find it is a pain exporting FROM Er - but offhand, a DXF tends to be most faithful, rather than AI.
    However you might have to reweld all segments back together again...

As for IMPORTING, I save as AI version 3 or 6. No problems at all impoorting those.