Laser Marking Clear Anodized Al

Thread: Laser Marking Clear Anodized Al

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Marking Clear Anodized Al

We do both rotary engraving and laser marking, but I have not had good luck marking black on a clear anodized piece of Al. I know that it can be done because I have had other vendors do it for me, but I don't know the complete process.

1) I was told that you have to do a chemical treatment to the top of the material to turn the marking black. I have seen mention of using Flow Master?

2) I have found a website describing the manipulation of power and speed to produce black marking instead of white. But I have not been able to make this solution work successfully.

http://www.synrad.com/search_apps/ap...riefs/13-2.htm

BTW I have an Epilog Summit - 25 watt laser.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

More info found:

I have been looking around a bit more and came across:
    http://thermark.com/web-content/Ther...apply_inks.htm
    they advertise a couple of products that are spray on chemical treatments to produce black or colored (many colors avail.) marking with a laser. This product comes in a paste form (paint on), aerosol (spray on), and tape. I am having a hard time deciding between aerosol and paste. Does anyone have experience with these or similar products?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by petriej; 06-08-2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Found more info.
    Star SR20RII/Fanuc 18i, DMG CTX310V4/Fanuc 32i, DMG CTX310ECO/Siemens 8400, Mori NV5000/MAPS, Bridgeport 760/Fanuc 18i, Kiamaster 4NEII60/Fanuc 3t;Partmaker, Gibbscam

Downloads
    Uploads

I use the Thermark LMM-14 in a spray can once in a while on clear anodized alum., works OK. Mostly use it on steel.
    Using a 25 watt Mercury Laser-Pro at 100% power and 30% feed.
    They have other products that might work better with the alum., but being this is "general purpose" you can use it on various metals and it's quick and easy to use as a I get it in a spray-can.
    *One note, after lasering, the best thing I have found to wash the excess spray off is to soak in COLD water for a few minutes and it rinses off nicely. Avoid rubbing the lasered area and NEVER TRY TO RINSE OFF THE EXCESS WITH WARM OR HOT WATER!! this will activate the spray and turn the entire area dark. Good luck!
    Don

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You should not need Theramark. I sell Marking Equipment and with the Laser I sell. You use 95% power, put your Frequency at about 50,000, and your scan speed @ 1250 and use about 3 passes. This should put a mark on any anodized Aluminum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will this leave black marking on Clear?

Star SR20RII/Fanuc 18i, DMG CTX310V4/Fanuc 32i, DMG CTX310ECO/Siemens 8400, Mori NV5000/MAPS, Bridgeport 760/Fanuc 18i, Kiamaster 4NEII60/Fanuc 3t;Partmaker, Gibbscam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it should be. You may have to change a few of the settings a little, but it should be black.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been using Cermark for about 4 years now. I've done SS, Bare Alum, Chrome plating and Titanium.

I initially bought the aerosol can; however, the pressure ran out quickly. I punch a whole in the can and dumped it into a glass jar. I now use an airbrush to apply the solution to the item to be engraved. I highly reccommend this approach. You'll get better results and not waste as much of the solution; which is like the price of gold. I haven't tried the colors yet. None of our customer's have requested color.

I believe I bought mine from Laserbits.com. Pretty much the same price as anywhere else at the time.

A better option would be to see if Epilog carries a high density lens for your machine. I recall something about a flying lens, similar to their new Helix model. I run a ULS 30 Watt machine and Universal sells their metal marking C02 lens for around $2500. Obviously you'll need to have a good demand in order to justify the cost.

Best of luck!
    -Ed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does this kind of marking on aluminium plate lasts long ? It will do it for outside? I need it for parking plates sticked to the floor.
    Luis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default grabado sobre aluminio

see page Tecnocorte in spain
    http://www.tecnocorte.net/
    http://www.tecnocorte.net/quimico.htm

they sell twenty-eight (28) different products to mark in black or colors on metal, ceramic, glass and plastics
    This water based products which allows for a fast drying time and easy clean up that are easily applicable with paintbrush or foam brush
    Also if adecuated diluted with water, are used in Spray gun, airbrush, Bird applicator, draw down bar.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Mark Alum

10,000 Hertz and about 1.00 inch per second should give you a black ETCH on alum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default we are a factory of laser marking machine,laser engraving machine

hello,every one.our company wuhan lead laser co.,ltd is a proffessional manufacturer of laser marking machine,laser engraving machine for 10 years.

if you want to buy machines please contact me! my email is
    jingyikt@126.com and msn is withyourhelp@hotmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please using our semiconductor side laser marking machine for marking on metal material , it can work very well with many metal material and nonmetal material . There are 50W and 75W of laser power with Length of laser wave:1064nm , Marking scope: 100x100mm - 300x300mm, Min line width: 0.015mm, min character: 0.15mm, Marker line speed: ≤ 7000mm/s, Mark deepness: ≤0.4mm, Repeat precision: ±0.001mm, Power supply: AC220V 50Hz/, Operating temperature: 10-35°c, moisture: 5-75°c, Cooling style: closed loop water cooling, Demension: 1300mm*850mm*1160mm . If you're looking for laser marking machine to purchase ,please feel free to contact me directly at kelvinguo@syfos.com. I'm alway available for assistance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am Jack. First I would like to introduce our company,which is one of the largest engraving machine manufacturers in China, mainly produce Advertising engraving machine, woodworking engraving machine, stone cnc router, laser engraving and cutting machine. We would like to supply high-class products and satisfy every customer's needs.

We export our machine more than 30 countryes more th an 3 years,we hope we can cooperate with you .our woodworking machine can cut and engrave on woo, can produce the door, window, and other wood goods.

It will be a great pleasure to receive your inquiries for any of the items against which we will send you our competitive price with high quality. Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks& best regards
    Jack shen
    Hengrui Technology Development CO., Limited
    TEL:0086-0531-88770560
    Mobile:0086-13210595592
    MSN:chinaexporter2006@hotmail.com
    Mail: chinashen2006@hotmail.com
    ADD: 402, songliu building, General road, Jinan city, Shandong Province, P.R. China
    Site: www.hrcncrouter.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Color Coating Marking Products for Laser Engrave :
    We have developed laser engrave COLOR marking coatings to assist the laser engrave marking machines and services market for.
    Characteristic:
    These water based coatings, soft and thick, it must be applied either by brushing or foam brush over the substratum surface to be marking and to let a fast drying time in the air.
    Also it is suitable to dilute with water, are applied either by screening, airbrush, spraying, Bird applicator, draw or down bar onto the bare surface prior to laser engraving.
    Then, during the process laser marking, with as little as 15 watts CO2 laser power, when heated by the laser the product is melted over the substratum of agree at the sharp that you are decided and create a very colored dark mark ing which is very abrasion resistant.
    The exceeded of the substratum must be removed with water or wet cover. So you can get a special color marking. . The material is non-toxic.

Aplications:
    This coating let work very well with laser power of 25 to 40 watts, used with the 1.5 inch high resolution lens.
    Recommended settings for a 25 watt laser are 100% power, 20% speed and 500 dpi/ppi.
    For hard to mark metals, use of 1000 dpi/ppi may be necessary.
    Higher powered lasers will allow for higher speeds.
    This process will only work with a completely bare substratum surface.
    If it is not, can be cleaning with alcohol, but our products clean the surface with are applied.
    lasermax10@argentina.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser Mark Alum

how many watts?
    co2 laser?
    how many dots per second? dots per mm?