help with hermes vanguard 7200 retrofit

Thread: help with hermes vanguard 7200 retrofit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help with hermes vanguard 7200 retrofit

I am attempting to connect a hobbycnc ez board to a vanguard 7200 engraver. I have connected the six wire sanyo step-syn 5.4v 1.5a steppers and limit switches directly to the hobbycnc board. software is LinuxCNC I have set the configs correctly for the hobby cnc board step time ,space and hold to 2000ns steps per rev at 200 the step syn steppers are 1.8deg/step I have tried a variety of micro stepping velocity and acceleration setting but none seem to work correctly. the motor will jog back and forth on step at a time , but if I try to run in any distance it will step a little then jitter. I have tried every combination of the 6 wires none will move the motor at all expect one. if I connect hobbycnc 200oz motors to each axis they run correctly. I have considered replacing all the steppers with the hobbycnc steppers , but if there is a way to make the sanyo steppers work that would be great. hep much appreciated

Update I tried an older hobbycnc board, 4AUPC Rev2, it runs the Sanyo stepper fine but the older chips on this board make a lot of noise. sounds like a dog whistle.