Need Help! New Herme/Gravograph IS400TM

Thread: New Herme/Gravograph IS400TM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Herme/Gravograph IS400TM

I was given a New Herme/Gravograph IS400TM machine with controller, hand-held controller, an old computer running Windows 98 or NT, and software for the machine. I may be confused with the machine's home position and origin. I think that the home position is at left top corner of the table, looking down from above the machine, and the origin is supposed to be at the center of the table where the vise for holding work pieces is. The manual didn't tell me how to set up the machine. If this is not the right forum, please refer me to the correct forum. Any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Herme/Gravograph IS400TM

How can I remove the top cover and rubber accordion-like parts from the machine so that I can lubricate the shafts? I tried to find the service manual on the internet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Herme/Gravograph IS400TM

If it's like my IS700, far left top is where the switches are for the axis home. X0-Y0. Origin on mine is where I decide to set it in the G-code.

Fortunately for me, those 2 switches are the only original electronics on that machine outside of the spindle motor. I didn't get a controller or computer, so we did a wee bit of modification. All the motors were replaced, all the wiring replaced, the control box with a Chinese 4 axis board, and their software with Mach3 and V-Carve Pro. Never looked back after that.

Q1Engravers (Quality One Engraving, Your #1 Source for Engravers and Engraving!) might be able to help you with either a manual or some information. They've got most everything you need, and their prices are reasonable in comparison to NH/Gravo. NH/Gravograph (Gravograph: manufacturer of industrial laser and rotary engraving machines | Gravograph) corporate might be able to help, for a price. I never got a response from them when I was getting mine running.