CNC engraver upgrade

Thread: CNC engraver upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC engraver upgrade

I have an old but nice condition Hermes Vanguard 4000 CNC engraver that I would like to outfit with a modern drive system that works with a standard PC and a windows based engraving software. The old system is limited with font cartridges and works to a point but needs tech support that doesn't exist anymore. I know I can easily set it up to run G code like a CNC mill, but would like to approximate the way the original set up worked. It's nice to fill in plate size, right, left, or center justify, font, and hight, and go. All the current commercial units are proprietary, but someone must have come up with a generic engraving program by now for these aging machines with good hardware.

Thanks in advance for any light on the subject.

Woody

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC engraver upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dtw View Post
    I have an old but nice condition Hermes Vanguard 4000 CNC engraver that I would like to outfit with a modern drive system that works with a standard PC and a windows based engraving software. The old system is limited with font cartridges and works to a point but needs tech support that doesn't exist anymore. I know I can easily set it up to run G code like a CNC mill, but would like to approximate the way the original set up worked. It's nice to fill in plate size, right, left, or center justify, font, and hight, and go. All the current commercial units are proprietary, but someone must have come up with a generic engraving program by now for these aging machines with good hardware.

Thanks in advance for any light on the subject.

Woody
    Hi,

You may have some luck with something like engravelab.

There is a 15 day fully functional trial on the site CNC engraver upgrade

Served by a Droid