Need Help! Probably a simple answer3040

Thread: Probably a simple answer3040

Question Probably a simple answer3040

Hi there

Ive got a 3040 cnc engraver, im trying to get the spindle to turn off and on with Gcode

im try to follow this thread
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/pcb-mi...-software.html

i can get the spindle to to work off and on but im get a weird problem, if the spindle is off and i jog -x or -y or -z the spindle starts up on its own and then when i jog +x or +y or +z the spindle will then turn off. WEIRD!!

I a noob when it comes to electrics and the wiring diagrams lose me... i can see resistors on there and im not sure if to add them or not.

has anybody done this mod and can explain for a idiot like me or a picture that i can follow

Thanks

Paul

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Probably a simple answer3040

Quote Originally Posted by paul_dicko View Post
    Hi there

Ive got a 3040 cnc engraver, im trying to get the spindle to turn off and on with Gcode

im try to follow this thread
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/pcb-mi...-software.html

i can get the spindle to to work off and on but im get a weird problem, if the spindle is off and i jog -x or -y or -z the spindle starts up on its own and then when i jog +x or +y or +z the spindle will then turn off. WEIRD!!

I a noob when it comes to electrics and the wiring diagrams lose me... i can see resistors on there and im not sure if to add them or not.

has anybody done this mod and can explain for a idiot like me or a picture that i can follow

Thanks

Paul

How'd you go with this one?, more likley than not, you'll need to 'mod' the control box a little to do the spindle switch on / off as I have a similar one,
    however, if you're spindle is controlable electronically, there's likley a setting which you've missed,
    be interested to see the guts of your control box though if you can take some pics