About the Job
Lone Star Staffing is currently looking for EXPERIENCED CNC Operators for an expanding electrical supply company located in South East Houston, near Hobby Airport. All applicants must have at least 7+ years of VERIFIABLE work history with at least 2+ years VERIFIABLE CNC operating experience. All felonies will be visited on a case by case basis. Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from job site. Flexible hours! Overtime available! Great Pay!-Great benefits! Apply today! CALL LAURA AT 713-465-9393!
Required Machinery Experience:
a) Cincinnati Brake Press
b) Amada Vipros CNC Turret Punch Press
c) Finn Power CNC Laser
Job Purpose: Produces machined parts by operating, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.You will be required to produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specification of the mechanical drawings.
* Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
* operates presses and laser cutters by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
* Sets-up presses and laser cutters by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
* Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment