Are you near or close to Littleton, CO and on the market for a long-term opportunity? If so, please contact me asap to discuss this opportunity with a company with a global presence.
The Manufacturing Engineer determines the most efficient and economical methods to produce all parts required for the manufacture of products. This includes providing the required machinery, tooling, and test equipment and preparing process documents and route cards for each part. This position determines the preferred method of manufacture and frequently deals with other departments within the company to obtain all information required to write process documents and route cards, and must also deal with outside vendors regarding the purchase of machinery and tooling.
The Manufacturing Engineer consults with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to assist with the evaluation of new products and makes recommendations regarding cost and materials used. The incumbent determines the most efficient procedure to follow in the manufacturing of individual parts. This includes tooling and fixture design, test fixture design, NC programming, preparation of process documentation and calculation of product cost. The incumbent reviews existing tooling and processes and recommends improvements and modifications.
The incumbent is involved in designing new machines in-house , and requires traveling to observe similar machinery in other plants. This also involves contact with the company's Purchasing Department as well as direct contact with outside vendors.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The incumbent must have a strong background in machining practices and knowledge of manufacturing capabilities of all standard machining processes.
2. This position requires dealing with all levels of manufacturing personnel as well as various levels of management, and involves a great variety of job assignments.
3. A key job duty is to identify opportunities for process improvements in the machining of die cast components.
4. The ability to analyze part tolerance requirements and match them to machine capability is critical.
5. The incumbent's responsibilities include coordinating machine and tool requirements for special projects such as special rotary transfer machines for high production of products.
6. The effectiveness of this position can be measured by the efficient and economical production of parts as a result of following accurately written route cards and process documents, providing for most effective tooling, equipment, and instructions. A key objective is to drive machining method improvement where necessary to meet critical features on prints to ensure first time yield of good quality parts.
· The incumbent must have a strong background in machining practices and knowledge of manufacturing capabilities of all standard machining processes.
· The ability to analyze part tolerance requirements and match them to machine capability is critical. The incumbent should be familiar with GD&T and be able to apply to drawings where appropriate.
· The incumbent should be familiar with quality standards used in the automotive industry, including QS 9000 and TS 16949. Effective use of APQP tools such as process flow diagrams, PFMEA’s and Control Plans is required.
· This position requires knowledge in the use of CAD/CAM systems.
· Experience with MasterCam a plus.
· Required to have a four -year engineering degree.